February 16, 2016
Congratulations, Celebrations and Gratitudes
One more February Birthday wish . . . to Heidi, who also celebrates the day she was born this month.
Please keep Kellie in your thoughts and prayers this week. Her brother-in-law suddenly passed away on Friday. She will gone this week and is in Arkansas right now with her husband.
Thanks to Kim and Jessica for the Mashtini Bar last week. It was so yummy and enjoyed by all.
Thanks to Shay for being so flexible to fill in many areas of need last week. And thanks to the classroom teachers that allowed that.
Thanks to the entire staff who really functions like a family. I see so many people supporting each other in times of need and congratulating each other when reasons for celebration occur. We have the best staff! I love working with all of you.
Thanks to Annie & Erika, who proposed an idea that will lead us to only have 7 days of PARCC testing for each grade level in March. Yahoo!
Deep Lesson Plan Reminders - Stage 3
No CoPlanning this week
Important Reminders about Substitutes
1- Please be sure you have detailed plans for a substitute when they come to your classroom. Do not rely on students to help the substitute, but take the time to write down the instructions for things like how to run reading rotations, what the line up procedure is or where to be located for outside duty. A good sub will come early and take the time to read through all of your notes. Once they are created, you can reuse them for the next sub.
2 - Please leave a seating chart or similar item for your subs, if you no longer have names on every desk or table location. Do not rely on one or two students to be the substitute teacher. This creates a leverage for that student over others and gives them uneven power over students. Create a map or chart of where students need to work for different activities and who should be where. when it doesn't matter where students sit for a specific activity, just say so in your plans.
3 - Please be sure you have instructions that help them reinforce your classroom rules. These guest teachers want to be responsible and make your absence as easy as possible. Let them continue the same rules and consequences in your classroom. They need to know what they are and where to look for them. Don't forget to leave a couple of office referral forms in case they need to send someone to the office.
4 - Do not give your sub your email or any passwords. If they need to use the computer, projector or smartboard, set them up with necessary digitial items on the teacher account of your computer. User name is teacher; password should be either te@ch or hc@et. Let Jonathan or Jen know if this platform doesn't work on your teacher computer.
5 - Did you know that you can give substitute feedback? Teachers are able to give feedback in two ways: 1) rating their substitute experience with a 5 stars method; 2) blocking a substitute if they do not want them to return to their classroom. If you do not know how to do this, ask Jen and she'll show you how.
Building & District Collab Times for February 2016
Please send a brief email describing what was accomplished during collab time. I want to be able to advocate and celebrate the good work that occurs during collab time.
Feb 19 - No Collab Time Today due to Workday
Feb 26 - District Collab for all grade level teams and departments to continue facilitated Scope & Sequence or formative assessment work
Tech Camp for Teachers - Thursday
Don't forget that the next Tech Camp for Teachers is this Thursday, Feb 18th at 4:00 pm at Craig Middle School. Remember that those that participate will earn and extra 30 minute of plan time. Your 30 mins can be used whenever needed and just needs to be arranged with myself or Kristin to take over for your classroom or duties. If you attend all 3 tech camps you can earn as much as 1 1/2 hours of plan time.
RSVP at the link below. 30 minute of extra plan time will be given for each session you attend.
TASKS TO COMPLETE THIS WEEK
- Turn in/share your lesson plans for this week for reading, writing and math.
- Post exemplary work from your grade level on grade level bulletin boards in front hallway near the office this week, so it is displayed prior to PT conferences.
- Prepare for PT Conferences; finish report cards on or before Monday, Feb 22nd.
- Provide reminders to parents about upcoming PT Conferences via emails, notes home, websites, or phone calls to specific parents that you think are at risk for not attending.
This Week's Events & Happenings (Feb 8 - 12)
Monday - Feb 15
- No School for Students or Staff
Tuesday - Feb 16
- School Board Work Session @ Admin Building 7:00 am
- CST Team Meetings 2:30 pm
- IEP Meetings 3:40 pm
- Parent Technology Camp 6:00 pm @ CMS
Wednesday - Feb 17
- Benefits Committee Meeting - 4:00 pm @ Admin Building
- Budget Stakeholders Meeting - 6:00 pm @ Clarion Inn & Suites
Thursday - Feb 18
- Elementary Principal Collab 8:30 am
- SUMMIT Math Learning Walks with Brittney Miller
Friday - Feb 19
- Workday (No Students) 7:40 - 3:40
What's Happening Next Week? (Feb 22 - 26)
- Probationary Evaluation Summative Conferences - Throughout the Week
- Parent Teacher Conferences K - 5th: Monday & Wednesday
- School Board Meeting - Tuesday 4:00 pm and 6:30 pm
- Student iPad Camp - Tuesday
- Parent Teacher Conferences for Preschool - Thursday & Friday
- Budget Stakeholder Meeting - Wednesday