Spring 2020 RALLI Institute
California Reading & Literature Project at Cal Lutheran
Results: Academic Language and Literacy Instruction (RALLI)
RALLI helps teachers and administrators understand how to incorporate the UDL (Universal Design for Learning) guidelines in their classroom. RALLI promotes equity for all learners with integrated and designated ELD structures and practices.
Regardless of your students' language, ability, or learning differences, RALLI creates a bridge for all learners to access high level text and rigorous thinking strategies.
- Make stronger and equitable connections for your students using a UDL promoting teaching strategy
- Recognize how the content of a comprehensive literacy framework is aligned with the content and structure of the CA ELA/ELD Framework
- Learn to implement strategies and routines to help make complex academic text more accessible for all students, increase students' use of academic language, and improve motivation and engagement
- Learn strategies for differentiation to facilitate access to core content for English learners across levels of English language proficiency (Integrated ELD)
- Learn strategies to build into and from content instruction to develop the academic English language that English learners need for content learning in English (Designated ELD)
- Become familiar with a model for sustained teacher collaboration in grade level teams, following the Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS), to promote implementation of strategies and routines learned in this institute
Highly recommended: Each school should register a team of at least 2 teachers, preferably at the same grade level.
Register with the form below.
If you have any questions about registration or this training, please contact Erica Pochis-Woelflein at email@example.com.