Fall 2019 RALLI Institute
California Reading & Literature Project at Cal Lutheran
Results: Academic Language and Literacy Instruction (RALLI)
A CRLP professional learning institute, RALLI, provides teachers and administrators with the tools and skills necessary to analyze the academic and literacy demands of complex literary and informational text. RALLI supports the implementation of the Common Core State Standards for reading, writing, speaking and listening, and language in grades K-5.
- Recognize how the content of a comprehensive literacy framework is aligned with the content and structure of the CA ELA/ELD Framework
- Learn to implement strategies and routines to help make complex academic text more accessible for all students, increase students' use of academic language, and improve motivation and engagement
- Learn strategies for differentiation to facilitate access to core content for English learners across levels of English language proficiency (Integrated ELD)
- Learn strategies to build into and from content instruction to develop the academic English language that English learners need for content learning in English (Designated ELD)
- Become familiar with a model for sustained teacher collaboration in grade level teams, following the Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS), to promote implementation of strategies and routines learned in this institute
$625 per participant (includes handbook and materials)
Highly recommended: Each school should register a team of at least 2 teachers, preferably at the same grade level.
Register with the form below.
All CRLP Signature Professional Learning Programs meet criteria for professional learning in LCFF and ESEA's "High-Quality Professional Development" for Title I, III, V and VII, Part A; and for Title II, Part A and B.
If you have any questions about registration or this training, please contact Erica Pochis-Woelflein at email@example.com.
CRLP @ California Lutheran University
The mission of the California Reading and Literature Project (CRLP) at California Lutheran University is to provide high-quality, standards-based teacher professional learning in reading academic language instruction, with particular focus on English learners. Through collaborative partnerships with schools and districts, CRLP supports and sustains continuous academic growth for all students, K-12.