August 7, 2021
Welcome to the 2021-2022 School Year!
Please be advised that parents/guardians are not allowed to enter the building in the mornings. Please wish your child a great day at the gate or front doors; only students will enter the building. Parents/guardians will not accompany students to their classrooms on the first day of school. If your child has supplies for the classroom and is not able to carry those supplies to the room, parents/guardians may drop off supplies at the front office to be delivered to classrooms. Please be sure to label bags/boxes with your child's name and their teacher's name.
If you were not able to attend Meet the Teacher, please send information with your child on the first day about how they are going home. It is imperative that we hear from each parent/guardian regarding their child's plan for dismissal. You may also download the attached document, print it, fill it out, and send it with your child on the first day of school.
Please carefully review information that follows in this newsletter regarding screening your child's health each day. In addition, if there is a positive diagnosis of COVID-19 in your home, please contact the school nurse to discuss the required isolation period for any student who may have had an exposure. You may call the school's main line and be connected with the Health Office. Please do not send your child to school until you have been able to communicate with the school nurse.
Screen Your Child's Health Before School Each Day
Any students determined to be exhibiting symptoms related to COVID-19 will be sent home immediately from school from the satellite health office. Should isolation and/or quarantine protocols need to be enacted, communication will be provided from the school.
Facial Coverings/Masks Required
Please provide additional clean facial coverings/masks for your child. Please send a supply in a sealed, zippered bag in your child's backpack should they need to replace a soiled or damaged mask during the school day.
Plan Ahead for Arrival and Dismissal
Plan ahead for busy traffic conditions and possible delays! It takes everyone doing their part to make the day successful.
- The main (Battista Lane) parking lot is closed from 8:40 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and from 3:10 p.m. to 3:40 p.m. If you park in this lot, please remain parked until the blue gates have been opened after buses leave.
- U-turns are illegal in active school zones.
- Do not park in red zones or in front of fire hydrants.
- Show courtesy. Do not block residential driveways or double park.
- Be prepared to park a distance from campus access points.
Morning Arrival Reminders
- Students who will be eating breakfast from school are to enter through the front door of the school.
- Families may choose to park in a legal parking spot and walk students to the front door or a gate. Be reminded that families are not allowed past gates/doors during morning arrival.
- Families may choose to use the Eldorado driveway as a "Drop and Go" lane. Please pull forward in the driveway and then stop to allow your child to exit on the passenger side of the vehicle. Students will then walk to the front door or gate by the bike rack to enter campus
- Use distancing cues (blue tape) if available or maximum distance possible on the sidewalk if a line forms.
Afternoon Dismissal Reminders
- Students being picked up will be picked up from the main playground.
- Available Gates: Bike Rack/Portables Area, Bermuda Steps/Basketball Courts, Mardon/Courts
- Always maintain maximum distancing.
- Do not linger on campus; please depart immediately.
- Do not access playground equipment.
- Gates close and are locked by 3:30 p.m.
- Be prepared to park a distance from the gates.
- LWJES suggests only one parent/guardian enter campus to pick up students to allow for maximum distancing between families.
Arrival and Dismissal Gates
K-5 Dismissal Locations
First Day Information Folders
Please note, the Family Guidebook includes information about birthday treats. While we will be able to share birthday treats, we will ONLY be able to share treats that are individually-wrapped. Possible options include individually-wrapped snack treats or small bags of chips. We will not be able to distribute cupcakes, cookies, or donuts from a single package.
Class Dojo Information
Healthy Habits Reminders
Review hand hygiene, social distancing, and respiratory etiquette with your child.
Don't forget to apply sunscreen before school and bring a hat for when students spend time outdoors!
Click here to see meal menus online. You can also search for food distribution sites on this website. NOTE: You may need to "refresh" the webpage to see the menus for LWJES.
Thursday, Aug. 26th, 4:30-5:30pm
This is an online event.
NO SCHOOL - Labor Day Holiday
Monday, Sep. 6th, 8:30am
450 East Eldorado Lane
Las Vegas, NV
School Picture Day
Thursday, Sep. 9th, 9am-2pm
450 East Eldorado Lane
Las Vegas, NV
Make-Up Picture Day: Thursday, October 7, 2021