NEWS from CINSAM's STEM Outreach
You're probably pretty busy. Here's the gyst of what's in this newsletter:
- SEFNK registration closes soon.
- Get paid to help lead a one-week STEM camp with us over the summer.
- High school teachers can earn $1,000 learning about cyber security this summer.
- New STEM2U lessons are posted and ready for you to register (and they're FREE).
- Sign up for virtual professional development over the summer to level up your science instruction skills.
If you've got a few minutes, have a quick read to learn more!
Northern Kentucky Teachers: SEFNK Registration Closes Soon!
Science and Engineering Fair of Northern Kentucky teacher and student registrations will be accepted through February 10th.
Event Location: Northern Kentucky University, Highland Heights, KY
Event Date: Saturday, February 25, 2023
Contact PJ Arnold for questions about registration or to volunteer at the fair.
Looking for a fun summer position?
We have a fun and rewarding way for you to make some extra cash this summer!
We are looking for teachers interested in partnering with NKU staff to lead one or more of our week-long, STEM-focused summer camps for students in grades 3-12. If this sounds like your "cup of tea", please complete a brief interest form to let us know!
Check out this year's camp and academy lineup to get a feel for what we offer:
Get paid for professional development this summer!
At GenCyber High School Teacher Camp, high school teachers will get:
- foundational knowledge in beginner-level cybersecurity topics, activities, and lesson planning
- access to a set of free, open-source resources and tools for implementing cybersecurity educational activities
- a $1,000 stipend upon successful completion of the program requirements
Open to ALL high school teachers (grades 9-12), zero technical background is needed.
APPLY NOW! (Space is limited.)
STEM2U is back with fresh, FREE STEM lessons!
Miss Amber and Miss Leslie have new STEM lessons to share with you and your elementary/middle school student(s)! Invite us to your learning space via Zoom for a fun change of pace that you and your student(s) will LOVE.
Visit the STEM2U webpage to:
Looking for quality PD you can do from your home over the summer?
Learn new methods for implementing and supporting effective science instruction in the classroom - virtually! In this series, K-12 teachers, instructional coaches, and administrators form a cohort of peers that learn through online, interactive activities. Led by experienced master educators, these guided lessons promote self-reflection and forward-thinking in science instruction. By the end of the program, you'll have the tools needed to make your science classroom(s) the best they can be.
Contact Leslie Silbernagel with questions.
REGISTER NOW to join the June 2023 cohort! (Deadline to register is May 25th.)
Did a buddy forward you our newsletter? Subscribe to receive all of our awesome opportunities designed for P-12 teachers!