HIV & AIDS In Sub-Saharan Africa
- There are 34 Million orphans in the region today , 11 million of which have AIDS.
- Most affected region with HIV & AIDS than any other region.
- The portion of children orphaned as a result of HIV & AIDS rose from 3.5% to 32 % and will continue to increase.
- 14.8 million kids have lost one or both parents to HIV & AIDS .
- Very large increase in condom use to prevent HIV & AIDS.
- An estimated 22.9 million people are living with HIV in the region ( Almost 2/3 of the total population )