The founder of Genetics
He harvested 8,023 peas out of those, 6,022 were yellow and the other 2,001 were green.
When Mendel crossed 2 yellow pods a couple would be green but the majority of the pods would be yellow when he crossed 1 yellow and 1 green pod they would all be yellow which meant that the yellow was more dominant.
2. The ratio of pod colors green and yellow are 2.816:1 green being more dominant, and the yellow is recessive.
3. The long stem length is dominant, while the short is recessive. the ratio is 2.841:1
- Dominant- Gene that will overpower another gene. Example: eye color
- CoDominant- Gene that is neither dominant or recessive. Example: Athleticism
- Recessive- Gene that gets covered up by another gene. Example: color of skin