The Weekly Roar
August 21, 2023 - August 25, 2023
We had a great back to school night event this week! It was great to meet and talk with many families. Thank you to everyone who attended.
Our students have been enjoying being back to school. Mr. DeLong and I made our way through 7th and 8th grade classes to give our "Behavior Expectations" speeches to students this week and we will continue to move through the different grade levels in future weeks.
Picture day was fun to see all our students dressed up! Your student should have came home with a photo slip from SHOOB. You can scan the QR code to view your student's photo and purchase if you wish. If your student did not come home with a slip, have them check with their teacher to see if it was left in the classroom. If you student missed picture day, we will be having a make-up day on October 18th.
- Mr. Sandoval
T- Trustworthy I- Inclusive G- Grateful E- Empathetic R- Respectful S- Self-Control
Important Dates / Upcoming Events
Drop Off / Pick Up Procedures
Please make sure that you pull all the way forward in the car line. If there is space in front of you, or a car ahead moves, please move forward as well. This helps the car line flow more efficiently.
- report to the cafeteria between 7:30 and 8:00
- will report to the playground between 8:00 and 8:10
Class begins promptly at 8:15
- Please make sure that you pull all the way forward when in the right-hand pick-up line. If a car in front of you moves, please move forward. This helps make the car line run much smoother and efficiently. Thank you for understanding.
Attendance is Important!
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if your student will be absent.
We recognize that some students may have some challenges with attendance or being on time to class. Attendance and being on time are key factors to success, both at school and in life. Let's work together to teach our students the importance of showing up and being on time to support their success!
Per the Student Handbook, the following are considered excused absences:
- Medical Appointment
- Funeral of Family Member
- To spend time with student's immediate family member who is an active duty member of the uniformed services
- Participation in religious exercise or to receive moral and religious instruction in accordance with district policy