By: Lindsay Davenport
My dream vacation would be to go to Hawaii. Hawaii is located in the middle of the North Pacific Ocean. Hawaii has great water, its very pretty and it has some of the best homegrown pineapples. Hawaii is the the last state to join the United States. It is also the only state that grows coffee. Hawaii was formed by underwater volcanoes that erupted thousands of years ago. Hawaii even has its own time zone. When you go to Hawaii you will see a lot of wind mills because it is the worlds largest wind generator. Hawaii has 8 islands. It is the only state that is fully made of islands. We have 26 letters in our language but Hawaii only has 12 letters in their language. Not a lot of people move to Hawaii but people sure do like to visit Hawaii. Its most outside income comes from tourism. I am glad I am not a Hawaiian, they only live to about 80.
Hawaii is far from Texas. It is 3,794 miles from Texas and 10 hours and 22 minutes on a plane. My mom, dad and brother are welcome to come as well as my friends. We would stay for 2 weeks. If we stayed any shorter it would be too short and any longer would be too long. A plane ticket for a first class round trip to Hawaii would cost about $3,922.81.
I would stay at the Mauna Kea Beach Hotel on the beach. This hotel has many amenities including a beach, golf, tennis, fitness / spa, water sports, deep-sea fishing, helicopter tours, whale watching, resort shopping, stargazing and Hawaiian culture classes. I would need to take a bathing suit, clothes, pillows, a phone, sandals and toiletries. Mauna Kea Beach Hotel provides breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday; therefore, I will not have to bring any money for food.
The overall cost is $18,068.51. Airfare is $3,922.81. The hotel is $8,845.70 and I am bringing $5,500 dollars in spending money. I don't think my parents would ever take me on this trip. They would just say "little kids are too spoiled these days. Save up your money and you can when you get older." If I have any hopes of taking this trip it will be when I get older.
10 Interesting Facts
- Hawaii is the 50th state in the United States
- Hawaii is the only state that grows coffee
- Hawaii was formed thousands of years ago
- Hawaii is the only state that is made completely of islands
- Hawaii is the only state with its own time zone
- Hawaii is the largest wind generator
- Hawaii has only 12 letters in their language
- Hawaii's life expectancy is 80
- Hawaii's biggest income is tourism
- Hawaii has 8 islands
- Thurston, Travis. "Top 10 Facts About Hawaii." Degreed Blog RSS. N.p., 2013. Web. 28 May 2015.
- "Celebrating 50 Years." Big Island Hawaii Hotels. N.p., n.d. Web. 29 May 2015.
- "IAH to OGG Flights | Expedia." IAH to OGG Flights | Expedia. N.p., n.d. Web. 29 May 2015.
- "Your Session Has Timed Out, but You Can Continue Your Hotel Search Right Here."
- Marriott Find & Reserve. N.p., n.d. Web. 29 May 2015.
- Stanley, Chad. Hawaiian Airlines plane flying over Hawaii. Digital image. Pacific Business News. N.p., 2010. Web. 1 June 2015.
- Aston Hotels & Resorts. Hawaii. Digital image. Aston Hotels And Resorts. N.p., 2015. Web. 1 June 2015.
- Hawaii, Prince Resorts. Mauna Kea Beach Hotel. Digital image. Travel + Leisure. N.p., 2015. Web. 1 June 2015.
- KALA: Hawaiian Money Before the Dollar. Digital image. About Maui Nui. N.p., 22 Oct. 2010. Web. 1 June 2015.