Mrs. Lyons' Newsletter
February 8, 2016
Mark Your Calendar:
February 9: Book orders are due.
February 12: Class Valentine's Day Party from 2:00-3:00. Students are welcome to bring Valentine cards or store-bought treats for their classmates. A class list of names will be sent home in the near future. If your child would like to make a Valentine's box to hold their cards, it is completely optional and should be brought in the day of the party. If students do not want to bring a box, a sack will be provided for them.
February 15: School will be in session so we can make up our snow day.
February 25: Art Show and Family Night
March 14, 15, and 17: Parent Teacher Conferences
March 18: No School
March 21-25: Spring Break
Valentine's Day Party Note
You may use this list to make Valentine’s cards for your classmates. Our party will be Friday, February 12 from 2:00 to 3:00. You may bring cards, party favors (like pencils, stickers, etc.) and/or store-bought treats for your classmates. We have 28 students in all. If you would like to bring a Valentine's Day box, it is optional and can be brought in on the day of our party.
- Peyton C.
- Peyton K.
- Spelling: We will begin working on new words this week. Students were given a copy to practice at home to prepare for our test on Friday.
- Literacy: We will begin a unit of study on myths and legends. Students are strongly encouraged to read at home every night, even if it is 10 minutes here and there.
- Math: We will continue studying fractions! If students are working on Front Row at home, they should be working on Fractions. See the link below for Front Row. Also, look for ways we use fractions in the world (especially in the kitchen) everyday.
- Social Studies: We will study important events that shaped our nation's history.
- Student Planners: Check your child's planner for daily updates on what we are learning. If the assignment is to be done as homework, we will indicate this with HW.