Theme 1 Week 2 My School and Me
Week of Sept. 14
8:15-8:30 Morning Greeting Circle
STAR Breathing and Name Chant
What's your name?(Child answers)
I've got a name
and you've got a name.
What's your name? (Everyone says the child's name.)
8:30-9:30 Small Group and Centers
Monday -Name Painting
Tuesday- Practice Cutting for Fine Motor Skills
Wednesday- Comparing Gingerbread Boy Story to Gingerbread Girl Story
Thursday- Introduce Rhyming
Friday- Letter Bingo
Routines to Work On
- Putting on your mask
- Washing your hands.
- Coughing and sneezing into your elbow
- Walking in a line
- Staying in your space (6ft apart)
- Sitting Criss Cross on the floor
- Sitting in a chair with feet in front of you.
9:15-9:30 Restroom Breaks
9:30-10:00 Outdoor Learning
Wednesday and Thursday:
Friday- Board Games
10:30-11:00-Reading and Literacy Circle
Monday , Thursday Body Talk in Rhyme
- Talk about what an author does(writes the words), what the illustrator does(draw the pictures), point to the title(name of the book).
Vocabulary (words that describe things we do)
Gingerbread Boy Magnet story
Friday - Student Choice from this weeks books.
Putting Names on the Word Wall Talk about beginning letters in each students names.
Learning the Names of our Body Parts
10:50-11:00 Wash Hands for Lunch
11:30-11:45 Brush Teeth and Restroom
11:45-12:00 Story Time
1:00-1:15 Snack and Restroom
1:15-1:45 Math and Science
- in front