Jefferson School Parent Post
School Contact Information
- Office Phone Number - 309-263-2650
- Office Hours 7:30am-3:30pm
- Office Fax Number - 309-283-3031
- Jefferson Attendance Line - 309-284-3025
WHERE OUR ADVENTURE BEGINS
Jefferson Vision & Mission
Vision: Educating Patriots today to be leaders tomorrow.
We are P.A.T.R.I.O.T.S.
P. ositive role models & problem solvers
T. eam players
R. eaders & rigorous learners
I. ndependent thinkers
O. pen-minded & offering opportunities to all
T. echnology innovators
S. etting examples by serving others
Virtual Meet the Teacher
Tuesday, Aug. 18th, 6pm
This is an online event.
Jefferson will hold a Virtual Meet the Teacher Night on Tuesday, August 18, 2020. Teachers will be sharing information about themselves, grade level expectations, technology tools, and much more. You may receive the information via email or by participating in a "live" Google Meet/Zoom. Please be sure to participate and sign & return the Jefferson School compact by Friday, August 21, 2020.
Important Dates & Upcoming Events
17 - MAP Testing Window opens
18 - Meet the Teacher Night (VIRTUAL EVENT)
19 - Picture Day
24 - Band & Orchestra Demonstrations (6th Grade)
25 - Instrument Rental Session 5:30pm (6th Grade - BFPAC)
27 - Band Parent Meeting (6th Grade - BFPAC)
28 - Elementary Choir Tour (5th & 6th Grade)
31 - Read-a-thon & Step it Up KICKOFF
1 - Step it Up/Read-a-thon Golden Ticket Day
7 - Labor Day, No School
11 - Patriot Day Recognition
14 - Step It Up Fundraiser Turn-In Day
18 - Early Release 11:55am
21 - PTO Virtual Meeting 6:30pm
30 - Picture Make-up Day
Safe Classrooms, Successful Outcomes
- Kindergarten - Lunch 10:35-11:00am Recess 11:00-11:20am
- Sixth Grade - Lunch 11:00-11:20am Recess 11:20-11:45am
- Fifth Grade - Lunch 11:20-11:40am Recess 11:40-12:05pm
- Fourth Grade - Lunch 11:40-12:00pm Recess 12:00-12:25pm
- Third Grade - Lunch 12-12:20pm Recess 12:20-12:45pm
- Second Grade - Lunch 12:20-12:40pm Recess 12:40-1:05pm
- First Grade - Lunch 12:40-1:00pm Recess 1:00-1:25pm
Jefferson PTO would like to welcome our new Patriot students & families to Jefferson.
What does PTO do?
- Provide assistance to classroom teachers and support school initiatives
- Meet monthly to discuss ways to support students and teachers
- Coordinate the annual fundraiser - Step It Up/Readathon will kickoff at the end of Aug.
- Provide ways for families to give back to Jefferson - Kroger Rewards, SCRIP, Amazon Smile, & more!
First Virtual Meeting - September 21 @ 6:30pm