Having Fun in Year 1
Year Ones have been reading and enjoying a range of books, stories and reading experiences.......
- reading favourite stories, modelling expression and phrasing
- reading aloud to each other and adults
- re-reading favourite stories
- spending daily time in the reading corner
- choosing books they like to read
- visiting the library each week
- developing reading independence by choosing their own books
- hearing and inquiring into stories connected to the unit of inquiry
- paired reading
- looking at pictures to understand and make sense of the story
Acting out the 'Sulky Vulture' and the 'Happy Zebra'
Over the next two weeks we will be......
- whole class reading
- reading with individual children
- continuing to establish routines to set up small group focus
- small group focus on rhyme, syllables and letter sounds
- encouraging children to read with and to each other
Things you can do to support your child at home......
- read to the them - library books, favourite books
- come along to the reading workshop 30 October
- watching books online using Primary Ding (watch video for how to access DIng! reading resources)
- listen to audio books
- visit the school and/or your local library
- play 'I spy' using letters and sounds
- make yourself a role model by reading
Online Books - Ding!