Tusculum View Tiger Talk
News for the week of December 5, 2022
Tusculum View Mission Statement
Tusculum View has a heart for ALL kids by providing engaging opportunities to achieve excellence.
Good Afternoon Tiger Families,
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! We only have a few weeks We have lots of fun activities planned for students and lots of learning in the coming days before our holiday break. We are looking forward to our 4th and 5th grade performance of A Pirate’s Christmas. They have been working hard and will get you in the Christmas spirit!
Hope everyone has a great week and stays well!,
4th and 5th grade students present A Pirate’s Christmas Monday, December 5th, at the NPAC at 6:30 pm. Doors open at 6pm.
Morning Tiger Time will end this week, December 9th.
Christmas Break will be from December 19 - January 4. Students will return to school on Thursday, January 5th.
We were honored to receive our 4th Blue Ribbon Schools of Excellence Lighthouse School Award this week on behalf of our students, staff, and families! So proud to be a Tiger!
Check out the TV Library Annual Report!
Click this link for a look back at library highlights from the last year, learn about our library program, see photos of students in action, meet your librarian, our volunteer needs, and more!
Please do not line up at front circle or side parking lot before 2:55. If another family member that does not receive our newsletter picks up your student, please share this information with them.
Nurse Sally's Corner
Ballad Health Virtual Clinic Opportunity
Greeneville City Schools now have a partnership with Ballad Health for a School Virtual Health (Telehealth) Clinic.
Below is some information from Ballad Health about what the program entails:
· When your child needs medical attention during school, you’ve always been able to rely on the caring touch of your school nurse. Now, for minor illnesses or injuries that need a higher level of care, your child can have virtual access to our medical professionals without leaving the nurse’s office. Using telemedicine technology, students and school staff receive quality healthcare in the convenience of the school setting.
About the Ballad Health Virtual Health Clinic:
- Your child will be seen by a physician or licensed nurse practitioner who can assess the child, work with the school nurse to perform basic labs (flu, COVID, and strep testing) and write prescriptions if needed.
- The school will call you before initiating a visit to obtain your consent.
- Parents can come to the school to participate in the virtual visit or receive a link to participate remotely in the virtual visit.
- Our Ballad professionals will follow up with the guardian / parent after the call. There will also be a faxed copy sent to the primary care provider if this was indicated on the paperwork.
- Ballad will bill your insurance, or you can pay a flat fee of $49 for the visit. If your child does not have insurance, Ballad can also work to determine if they are eligible for the state health insurance plan (TennCare).
Attached is a PDF link to the Ballad Telehealth permission form packet for you to fill out for your student if you would ever like for your child to be seen. Participation is optional and not required. Packets should be turned in to the school nurse.
References: School Virtual Health Clinic in East TN & Southwest VA | Ballad Health
- If you would like for your child to eat breakfast please arrive by 7:45 in order to allow time for them to eat as class begins at 8 am.
- DO NOT pass cars in the car line unless instructed to do so by a staff member or SRO.
- When dropping students off at side parking lot in the mornings, please DO NOT turn LEFT out of the parking lot. Right turns only during drop off and dismissal.
- IF you are front circle pick up, please use the line on Lafayette St only. If you are side parking lot, please only use the line on Luther St.
- Please utilize Front circle for morning drop off as soon as the PreK sign is gone - usually around 7:40. This helps keep our lines moving.
- When you make the choice to be front circle or side parking lot during afternoon pickup, you must keep that same pick up location all year.
- Please DO NOT get out of your car in car line to help your student get out of or in to the car. If you need to do this, please pull over in to a parking space.
- Please pay school fees ASAP. Fees -$15; over the counter - $5;
- Computer protection plan for grades K-5 - $30. The protection plan is very beneficial if your student incurs damage to their device. It is very costly to repair them without the protection plan.
If you have questions about bus pick up or drop off times or need to add bus transportation, please reach out to Kristen Rollins at 423.787.8003. If you are changing your mode of transportation that you selected during registration, even if for just one day, you will need to submit this in writing to Mrs. Mary before it can be changed.
We cannot accept a phone call to change to/from riding the bus, walking, or pick up. Thank you for your help in this matter. Safety of our students and getting them home to you is our top priority!
To ensure the safety of students, all car rider vehicle’s picking up students MUST have a car tag issued from our office. Only a parent or guardian can obtain these from the office, but will need to distribute them to whoever will be picking up your student(s). All persons with a car tag MUST be on the approved pick up list. If a car tag is not present in the vehicle, the driver must park and come in the office to check out the student with their driver’s license and be on the APPROVED PICK UP LIST. If you have not gotten your car tag, please come to the office and pick them up prior to the 28th. You receive the following at no cost - 2 for car riders, 1 for bus riders, and 1 for walkers. Extras are $2 each. Only a parent or guardian can add or remove individuals from the approved pick up list and must do this in person at the office.
Please remember that we will not be able to allow vehicles to begin lining up in our parking lots or the side roads until 2:55 pm for afternoon student pickup.
If your child misses a day a school, per policy you must submit written documentation to the school office within two days of the child returning to school. You are allowed three parent notes per semester.
- Several ways to submit your written documentation
- Send written parent note, doctor, dentist, or therapy note with your child to school. Your child will give the written note to their teacher and it will be sent down to the school office.
- Email your excuse to Mrs. Mary at email@example.com
- Fill out the Online Absentee Reporting. This is found on Tusculum View Website at the top click Report Absence. Remember to give the reason why your child was absent from school.
If you have had a change in address, phone numbers, or emergency contacts, please contact the school at 423.639.2751 ASAP to get your information updated.
GET YOUR TIGER SWAG!
Visit our school store to get Tiger apparel to show your school spirit and Tiger Pride! You may purchase and pay on our site. Merchandise will be sent home with your student when it arrives.