Our 7th/8th conferences will be a little different this time, because instead of creating a schedule for parents to meet with you, we will be letting parents know of the time frame (1:40-3:15) and they will be able come any time during that window. We've found that in the past it's a lot of work to create a formal schedule, when many of the parents don't show. We're going to see how this model works, then make adjustments as needed. Please make sure that Letty has your names by Wednesday morning.
Standard Plus Resources
8th Grade Visit to EUHS
WMS and EUHS are planing an 8th grade visit to EUHS on Wed., April 6th, from 9am to 12pm. We thought it would be more fun and informative for he students to visit the high school instead of the high school administration coming to visit our students here. 8th grade teachers will be chaperonage the event. More information and bus seating will come as we get closer to the event, but an initial draft of schedule is as follows:
8:50 Leave Wilson
9:00 Arrive EUHS Auditorium/Farm
- Two buses arrive at EUHS
- Two buses arrive at EUHS Ag Farm
9:15 Presentation and Games
10:15 <Dismissal> switch location
10:20 New group arrives EUHS Auditorium/Farm
10:45 Presentation and Games
11:45 <Dismissal> Leave for Wilson
CJSF Students will Visit the Reagan Library
WMS JAG Program Mural
We held our first sprit planning meeting for the SBAC assessment on Friday. We've come up with several ideas, but we would really like your input too. Please follow the link below to provide input:
Advanced English Applications for EUHS
The application process for Advanced English for EUHS will begin soon. Below are a reminder of the timelines for ELA teachers:
- Packets will be dropped off February 12th and available for 2 weeks in each English classroom.
- · Packets should be completed on the student’s own time (not during class time).
- · Packets are due to the front office or teacher by March 1 (please date any that are late submissions).
- · Recommendation forms from teachers are due to Sonia by March 3
- · EUHS will pick up all materials from Wilson on March 4th
- · Students will be notified of placement by the middle of March, and they will be instructed in how to receive their summer assignment