May 2, 2016
Last week, an entomologist came in to talk to the kiddos about his job, different types of insects, and why insects are important. The kiddos had a blast learning more about insects and having the opportunity to touch different insects!
This week we are continuing to work on our bug project called "Hands Helping Antenna". We are going to begin working on our class nonfiction book about insects. The kiddos will decide what topics and information to include in the book and who will be in charge of writing about each topic. We will also work on editing and revising our writing as we work toward a final draft of our book. The finished books will be on display in the school library.
As the school year comes to an end, we will be reviewing material taught throughout the year and working on end of the year assessments. This is a great opportunity to see how much the kiddos have grown over the course of the year. We are so proud of how hard the kiddos have worked and much they have accomplished this year!
Scholastic book orders will be sent home this week. They are due on Monday, May 9th.
We wanted to be sure every child with a summer birthday has the opportunity to celebrate with their class. Each child with a summer birthday was given a celebration day in May before school lets out. You are welcome to send in snacks on your kiddo's celebration day. Please remember no homemade treats. The class really enjoys individually wrapped frozen treats, rice crispy treats, and cookies.
Miss Deyerling's Summer Birthdays
- May 3 - Sylas
- May 10- Cole
- May 12 - Grady
- May 13 - Tyler
- May 20- Drake
Mrs. Aldrich's Summer Birthdays
- May 6- Jason
- May 9- Michael
- May 11- Jude
- May 13- Hannah
- May 18- Natalie
- May 20- Brycen
- May 23- Anthony
Complete 4 Homework Menu
Initial each square you complete. Return sheet on Friday for your child to receive a reward.
Complete 5 Math Mania activities
Initial each square you complete. Once all problems are completed your child will have lunch with the teacher.
Memory Words of the Week
Memory Words of the Week
Ideas for Practice:
- Create words using legos.
- Check out this website for 50 great ideas, http://childhood101.com/2013/09/sight-words-activity-ideas/
- Have your child spell a word by arranging small objects to form the letters of the word.
- Put the memory words on your kiddos favorite snack. Each time they want to have the snack they need to read the memory words to "unlock" the snack.
- 5/1- Cora's Birthday
- 5/4- Amiah's Birthday
- 5/5 - Mason's Birthday
- 5/17 - Jack N.'s Birthday
- 5/22 - Jackson M.'s Birthday
- 5/23 - Kindergarten Promotion Ceremony
- 5/24 - Walking Field Trip to Orange Leaf
- 5/25 - Last Day of School- Field Day at Donner Park
- Many of the students' headphones are not working properly. We use the headphones 3-6 times a week. Please check with your kiddo to make sure his/her headphones are in working order.
- Wear tennis shoes on Friday