Chandler High Wolf Bytes
School of Champions
March 4, 2019
“LES MIS” C’EST MAGNIFIQUE
Congratulations to Chandler High Theatre for its amazing production of Les Miserables, featuring Casey Likes, Hailey Palmer, Micah Lawrence, Faith Sterling, Nainoa Aguano, Kayla King, Amelia Oliver, Avery Chisenski, Ever Ruiz, and an extremely talented ensemble. The beautifully performed musical, directed by Stephanie Likes, wowed CCA audiences three nights last week, and was the most highly attended musical to date. Thanks to Lori Lyford, Katie Kolacki, Diana Likes, Bill Lorentz, Beth Sobotka, and Jason Krull for contributing their direction and design expertise. What a show!
ASU LANGUAGE FAIR
Last week, 100+ CHS World Language Students participated in ASU’s International Language Fair dedicated to showcasing various cultures, foods, dances, and traditions. The fair is an excellent way to engage high school students in expanding their global appreciation and knowledge. Each year 2000+ Arizona high school students compete in the event.
CHS German, Spanish and French classes competed in Novice Recitation, Known Play & Created Play categories and got a chance to showcase their linguistic talents in front of a panel of judges. The results are in! Congrats to all!
- French AP/IB: 1st place in the Created Play category
- French 3 Honors : 1st place in the Known Play category
- German 3/4/5: 2nd place in the Created and/or Known Play category
- Spanish Heritage 5/6: 3rd place the Created Play category
LAST WEEK’S WINS
- Girls Tennis def. Copper Canyon (V 9-0, JV 8-1), Chavez (9-0), and Verrado (V 6-3, JV 9-0)
- Boys Tennis def. Copper Canyon (V 9-0, JV 9-0), Chavez (V 8-1), and Verrado (V 8-1)
- Softball def. Queen Creek (V 8-0, F 10-7) and Desert Ridge (V 1-0)
- Baseball def. Queen Creek (V 5-3, F 1-0) and Desert Ridge (V 12-7, JV 8-4)
- Boys Volleyball def. Desert Vista (V 3-0, JVB 2-0) and Sandra Day O’Conner (V 3-0)
THIS WEEK’S HOME EVENTS
- Mon, March 4th: Varsity Baseball vs Mesa @ 3:45pm; Spring Orchestra Concert @ 7:00pm in the CCA
- Tues, March 5th: Boys Tennis vs Pinnacle @ 3:30pm; Spring Band Concert @ 7:00pm in the CCA
- Wed, March 6th: Boys Tennis vs Campo Verde @ 3:30pm
- Thurs, March 7th: Boys Tennis vs Dobson @ 3:30pm; Varsity Baseball vs Dobson @ 3:45 pm; F/JV Softball vs Dobson @ 3:45pm; Boys Volleyball vs Westwood: JV @ 4:00pm, Varsity @ 5:00pm; Lip Sync Battle @ 7:00pm in the CCA Bogle
- Fri, March 8th: Varsity Baseball vs Chavez @ 3:45pm; F/JV Softball vs Chavez @ 3:45pm
DISABILITIES AWARENESS WEEK
EQUITY AND INCLUSION CLUB
Students from CHS’s Equity and Inclusion Club met with Dr. Adama Sallu, CUSD Director of Equity and Inclusion, to come up with different ways they can make a positive impact on campus.
CHANDLER’S GOT TALENT
PENNIES FOR PATIENTS
CHS’s National Honor Society (NHS) is sponsoring a change drive to benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Arizona. Students are encouraged to drop off their change in the Hero Squad boxes in their second hour classes. On-line donations are also being accepted at the following website.
CHS Football - 15th Annual Golf Tournament
CHS CAR SHOW
ATTENTION: PARENTS OF FRESHMEN
The IMPACT Chandler Scholars application is available on your student’s Infinite Campus Portal. IMPACT Chandler Scholars is an opportunity for your student to earn a scholarship. Please have your student review the criteria and accept the opportunity on their Infinite Campus Portal. The application closes on March 8, 2019. For more information on this program, please visit the Chandler Education Foundation website.
COLLEGE AND CAREER CENTER
Chandler Education Foundation Scholarships are now open! Visit the CEF Scholarship site for more information on specific scholarships. Deadline to submit applications to Ms. Anderson in the Career Center is Wednesday, March 6, 2019 at 2:30pm.
Students are invited to sign up for the following presentations:
- Mesa Community College: Mon, 3/4 @ 8:30am
- NAU: Fri, 3/8 @ 8:45am
CORE VALUE HIGHLIGHT
CHS is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School. The aim of all IB programs is to develop internationally-minded people who, recognizing their common humanity and shared guardianship of the planet, help to create a better and more peaceful world.
IB learners are “Knowledgeable”. They explore concepts, ideas and issues that have local and global significance. In so doing, they acquire in-depth knowledge and develop understanding across a broad and balanced range of disciplines.
PATHWAY TO GRADUATION
CHANDLER BOYS VOLLEYBALL SPRING CAMP
WOLF HOWL FUNDRAISER
Shopping during Spring Break? When you shop Chandler Mall and The Boulevard Shops, you can help CHS earn money for our Positive Referral Program!
This is the LAST month to take advantage of the School Cents program for this year!
You can turn in ANY and ALL receipts collected between Sept. 1, 2018 through March 31, 2019 to Mrs. Claudio in the main office, submit receipts online at shoppingpartnership.com/chandler, or drop receipts off in the collection box located on the upper level bridge near Barnes & Noble.
All receipts from the following, dated and submitted between March 1-31 will earn 20 points per dollar spent: BJ’s Restaurant, The Cheesecake Factory, Dairy Queen/Orange Julius, Wetzel’s Pretzels, All Mobile Matters, Ann Taylor, Bath & Body Works, Helzberg Diamonds, House of Hoops, Lush, Nick’s Menswear, PACSUN, Pandora, Sephora, Skechers, Sleep Number, and Vans.
EARN 1,000 points when you buy an Easter Bunny photo March 27-31. Happy shopping and thanks for your support!