Who was this Man?
- Benjamin Rush Was born on January 4, 1746 just outside of Philadelphia and died on April 19, 1813.
- Studied at Princeton University then decided to get a medical degree at Edinburgh University
- In 1789, he wrote in Philadelphia newspapers.
- He was appointed treasurer of the U.S. mint where he served from 1797~1813
What did Rush do?
- He was the founding father of the united states.
- was a civic leader in Philadelphia, where he was a physician, politician, social reformer, educator and humanitarian, as well as the founder of Dickinson College in Carlisle, Pennsylvania
when did all the stuff he did take place?
1768~He received the degree of M. D. after two years of schooling at Edinburgh University.
1774~He manifested his enthusiasm for the colonial cause by riding out to meet the Massachusetts delegates to the first Continental Congress in 1774.
1795~credited with curing the epidemic of yellow fever in Philadelphia.
Where are the places he has lived
~all over PA