Volume 2, Issue 17
Our Week At A Glance
- No School / Student and Staff Holiday
- Advisory / Club
- Chili Cook Off / All 3 Lunches / Please come enjoy - we will have plenty!
- Grades due in computer by 8 am
- 4th Six Weeks begins & 2nd Semester
- 6th, 7th and 8th Grade Academic Team vs. WMS @ EW / 4:30
- All City Band Sectionals @ HMS / 5:00 - 7:30
- MSTAR 7th Grade (No Advisory - schedule below)
- Advisory / Reading/Writing STAAR Nugget
- Christie & Danny / District Meeting / PM
- Lions Quest Campus Visit / Danny & Christie will share details soon
- Basketball Spirit Theme / Dress like a Super Hero! Over Power the Wildcats!
- Boys Basketball vs. Wayside @ Wayside / 4:30, 5:30, 6:30
- Girls Basketball vs. Wayside @ EW / 4:30, 5:30, 6:30
- Advisory / Lions Quest
- AVID Recruitment / All Social Studies Classes
- Elisha / District Meeting / All Day
- Report Cards Sent Home
- MSTAR 8th Grade (No Advisory - schedule below)
- Spelling Bee
- Elisha / District Meeting / PM
- Boys & Girls Basketball District Tournaments
- Advisory / EWTV Video Announcements
- Boys & Girls Basketball District Tournaments
Middle School Athletic Information Future Changes Below
- Thank you to all of our teachers that gave up time with our students to participate in the ICLE support strategy day!
- We will no longer be printing tutorial passes. We have been making 50 or more a day and have been seeing them all over the hallways. If you would like a student to come to your room for morning tutorials, please be sure to give them a pass the day before just to ensure they make it to you. We will still allow students will their grade level pass to attend tutorials. If a student does not have a tutorial pass they will not be allowed passed the crossroads.
- Donation needed! Please donate your empty International Delight coffee creamer bottles (size 32 oz. only) to Heather Crawford. She will need these by the end of the month for a Club project.
- The powerpoint from our ICLE strategy day with Ann McMullan as well as the Quad D Question Stems can be found on the OneDrive.
Great article below!
Our Badger Gymnasts competing at CTHS!
Math Universal Screener Bell Schedule
Wednesday, January 20
Friday, January 22
Monday, January 25
8:25 – 9:20 1st Period
9:25 – 10:20 2nd Period
10:25 – 11:15 3rd Period
6th Grade 7th Grade 8th Grade
11:15 – 11:45 Lunch 11:20 – 12:10 4th Period 11:20 – 12:10 4th Period
11:50 – 12:40 4th Period 12:10 – 12:40 Lunch 12:15 – 1:05 5th Period
12:45 – 1:35 5th Period 12:45 – 1:35 5th Period 1:05 – 1:35 Lunch
1:40 - 2:30 7th Period
2:35 – 3:30 8th Period
Important Upcoming Dates
- 1/27 - Winter Pep Rally & Academic Assembly - Abbreviated schedule (details will be coming soon from Danny Knowles)
- 2/3 - 7th Writing and 8th Math Benchmark
- 2/4 - 8th Reading Benchmark
- 3/7 - Open House/Showcase 6:00 - 7:30 & Counselors Parent Mtg. 7:30 - 8:00
- 3/28 - Campus STAAR training 7:00 - 7:45 or 3:45 - 4:30
- Veronica Mellado - Thank you for translating for an ARD on short notice!
- BJ Kiser - Thank you for organizing our basketball tournament!
- Ashley Velasco- Thank you for shopping for our every need!
- Amy Huddleston - Thank you for responding quickly and keeping our kids best interest in the forefront!
- Christie Warden - Thank you for organizing a fun end of the 6 weeks celebration for our students!
- Jennifer Smith - Thank you for working with our student and parent who are going to be donating tables for our students to have an outside eating area later this spring!
- Jen Mobley & Laura Ortiz - Than k you for all of your hard work making sure all of our classes are always covered and staying until the job is done!
- Ashley Velasco & Jen Fifer - Thank you for popping popcorn for our celebration!
- Debbie Cromwell - Thank you for suggesting an idea to ensure that out students had the time they needed to complete their exams!
- Jeff Allen - Thank you for working over the weekend to communicate about our campus needs and to ensure that our visitors as well as staff have the technology access that they need!
- Kyle Wheatley & Paul Mayhan - Thank you for volunteering to help moderate our Academic Team matches!
- Ashley Velasco - Thank you for making sure room 237 has all of the supplies, drinks, and chocolate that we need!
- Deborah Combs - Thank you for jumping in and taking care of a student that needed an accommodation met!
- Jen Fifer & Ashley Velasco - Thank you for going to Sam's to stock up our concession stand and other campus needs!
- Sam Bailey, Nicole Stevens, Christie Warden, Danny Knowles, Carl Lorey, Kyle Wheatley, Bob Eikenberry, Cara Shaffer, Karri Boyd, Alicia Leone, Heather Crawford, Ashley Velasco, Jennifer Smith, and Bri Perry - Thank you so much for your help with spoiling our adopted board member!
- Jen Mobley, Laura Ortiz, Jen Fifer, Vera Louder, Ashley Velasco - Thank you for all of your help with make-up exams!