San Augustine Elementary
Elementary STAAR Results for 2015
Index 1: Student Performance
The purpose of this index is to provide a snapshot of performance across subjects at the satisfactory performance standard.
This year student performance includes only Reading 3-8, Writing 4 and 7, Science 5 and 8, Social Studies 8, English I, English II, Biology, Algebra I, and US History.
STAAR A, STAAR Alt, and Math 3-8 will be included in 2016.
The index target is 60. The elementary has an index score of 59.
Index 2: Student Progress
This year growth includes Reading 3-8, Writing 7, and Grade 8 to Algebra I.
Math 3-8 will be included in 2016.
The index target is 30. The elementary has an index score of 29.
Index 3: Closing the Performance Gap
The elementary will track African American and White students for 2015-2016.
The index target is 28. The elementary has an index score of 28.
Index 4: Postsecondary Readiness
For the elementary, only STAAR scores are used to calculate this index.
The index target is 12. The elementary has an index score of 18.
Accountability for 2016
Target scores for each index from TEA are likely to change as well. More information about the updated target scores for each index will be released in the spring.
District Self Evaluation
Community and Student Engagement Accountability Information
* community and student volunteer hours are tracked by each campus and organization
* face-to-face parental meetings are tracked by each teacher and campus
21st Century Workforce Development
* student performance on the ACT, SAT, Aspire, and PSAT are tracked by the campus
* percentage of students completing CTE programs leading to certifications or licenses
* number of character education opportunities are tracked by each campus
Second Language Acquisition
* STAAR progress of students in Monitored Yr 1 and Yr 2 is tracked by each campus
* number of core teachers holding an ESL certification or ELL training
Educational Programs for Gifted and Talented Students
* number of core teachers with GT training
* parental involvement activities for parents of GT students
* participation of rigorous instructional activities such as Texas Performance Standards Project (http://www.texaspsp.org/)
* STAAR performance at Level III on at least one administration yearly