Ms. Austin & Miss Benson's News
For the week of January 14th- 17th
Wednesday, January 16
- Red folders will go home, please sign and return
Thursday, January 17
- End of 2nd 9 weeks
Friday, January 18
- No school, teacher work day!
Monday, January 21
- No school, Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Friday, January 25
- Report cards go home
Thursday, January 31
- Book it due, January's goal is to read 500 minutes and earn a free personal pan pizza from Pizza Hut
Classroom Wish List
- Wide ruled notebook paper
- Bring in your box tops!
For your daughter to bring any technological device to school, you must first sign the technology waiver and return it to school. The forms will be sent home today. If the device is brought to school, it is for educational purposes only and will only be used at the appropriate time for learning. Students will not be allowed to use their device at lunch or recess.
- Mix 1/2 cup cornstarch into a slide-lock bag
- Add 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon of water and a few drops of food coloring to the cornstarch in the bag
- Mix up the contents of the bag by "squeezing" the bag
- When the proper (thick) consistency is met, reach into the bag and pull it out or pour it on a clean surface.
- Clean up is easy: water and paper towels!
Slimy Blob Recipe
- Make a borax solution by mixing 1/8 of a teaspoon of Borax into 1 tablespoon of water. Set aside and use it in #4
- Measure 1 tablespoon of white glue into a slide lock bag
- Dilute the glue in the bag with 1 tablespoon of water
- Add the Borax solution to the diluted glue in the slide lock bag
- Close the bag and squeeze the mixture until you have a slimy, gel like blob
- ****Don't pour any excess liquid in the sink because it could clog it up, use a paper towel to pat the blob dry****