The Digital Classroom
April 16, 2020
Weekly Update for Families on Catholic Education During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Dear School Families,
We need your help. To ensure that Catholic schools receive equitable consideration for funds within the CARES Act, we urge all faculty, board members, parents and stakeholders to complete and submit the Private School Support in CARES Act Petition using the link below. Your diligent work in sharing the link to additional key stakeholders is greatly appreciated, as it will benefit all Catholic school students.
Submit a petition to Governor Baker here: https://forms.gle/SbQLsZx9fLxRcTXM7
Thomas W. Carroll
Superintendent of Schools
Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston
Happy Easter and THANK You!
Prayer of the Week
We have compiled resources on our website, at www.csoboston.org/rcabresources. There you will find links on education, mental health, faith, and online security.
Divine Mercy Sunday Resources for Home
- As we approach Divine Mercy Sunday, April 19, please view and share this brief but great video explaining the Divine Mercy, in the words of St. Faustina! Also explained is how to receive the graces promised by the Lord even when our Churches are closed. These graces, also known as a plenary indulgence, are promised and available to everyone, this Sunday, so don’t miss out on this great gift from Heaven!
- What is The Domestic Church and How Your Family Is Meant to Strengthen It: Learn more by reading the attached homily for Divine Mercy Sunday, April 19, 2020, shared with us by Boston priest, Fr. Will Sexton.
Mental Health Resources
- COVID-19 and Our Kids: Addressing Grief In Our Children. www.youtube.com/Franciscanhospital.
The staff of the Office of Chaplaincy Programs wants you to know that you, your families and all whom you minister to, are in their prayers. The below newsletter (PDF) is a special edition from that office, which contains articles and thoughts on grief.
- AP Students: Updates for AP Students and Schools Affected by Coronavirus - visit https://apcoronavirusupdates.collegeboard.org
- Early Childhood Educational Resources: The powerpoint "Creating structure in our homes for learning and love" has some great ideas for creating structure during your days at home with your toddler or preschool-age child