Welcome to 7th Grade Science
7A Team - Mrs. Prescott
Our first day of school is quickly approaching!
7A Science Materials
The following is the list of necessary supplies for your child to fully enjoy science this year:
- 1½” or 2” clear-view binder with five dividers (tabs can be labeled 1. Unit Work 2. Notes Topics 3. Review Sheets 4. Vocabulary 5. Save Section )
- metric ruler (cm/mm on at least one side of ruler)
- inexpensive headphones/ear-buds in a labeled zip-lock bag (Name- 7A__) to keep in class or be carried in a pencil case each day for multiple classes
- many pencils with erasers
- Students may wish to have their own colored pencils and a calculator, but these items are not required.
- I also request that students please provide one box of tissues for our classroom.
Please be on the lookout for...
- A district wide Student Laboratory Safety Contract, which I am required to keep on file in order for students to complete science laboratories throughout the school year
Later this month you should see a Food Permission Slip and a Science Acceleration Letter explaining this process going into Grade 8.
Full-sized Paper Towel Tubes (clean/dry)
Unused Paint Stir Sticks
Empty Thread Spools
I Challenge You...
Our First Challenge:
I challenge you to say NO to plastic "silverware"!
Try to remember to pack a metal fork or spoon for school. You can easily help prevent all that plastic (that is used for mere seconds) from dirtying our planet for hundreds of years.
There are so many good reasons to give up single use plastics. Check out some of them here at http://www.plasticfreechallenge.org/ .
Teacher Site, School Tool and Schoology
On our Teacher Site [ https://www.bscsd.org/site/Default.aspx?PageID=7058 ] you can find a lot of information about class procedures, materials, units of study, homework, etc.. I encourage you to take a look if you are interested.
School Tool is very useful for finding up-to-date science grades as well as copies of homework assignments and descriptions. These are accessible to both parents and students.
Schoology contains science resources including all our class notes, many activities, review guides and useful links. This makes them easily accessible to students from both school and home.