Early Childhood Newsletter
August. 2019 ESC-Region 6
Welcome To a Great New School Year!
START YOUR NEW YEAR WITH A GROWTH MINDSET!
Don't be afraid to take on new challenges this year!
- Develop new and innovative teaching strategies
- Lead a professional development meeting
- Volunteer to be on a new committee
- Lead a school committee
- Incorporate more technology into your lessons
- Include more hands-on, real-life experiences
- Build stronger relationships with students and parents
Your current knowledge, skill level, and abilities are just the starting point. No matter how long you have been teaching, you can and will continue to grow as an educator if you challenge yourself and continue to have a GROWTH MINDSET!
What are you going to do to strengthen your skills and support your growth mindset this year?
CLI Engage Announcements
3. Did you know that if your school district uses the TxEIS System for PEIMS Reporting, ESC6 can upload your teacher and student data into the C.I.R.C.L.E. and/or TXKEA Data Base for you? Contact Dara Fuller at email@example.com or (936)435-8313.
4. State Requirements for Pre-K and Kindergarten Assessments and Reporting:
- Pre-K- Beginning of Year and End of Year are required- (middle of the year is optional)
- Kindergarten- Beginning of Year Assessment only is required.
If your school district is interested in progress monitoring your students more often, please submit a help ticket to CLI Engage to make that request. Go to www.texasschoolready.org/help.
5. CLI Beginning of the Year (BOY) Assessments (Wave 1) for Pre-K and Kindergarten may begin as soon as all enrollment information has been uploaded. All BOY Assessments must be completed by the end of October.
6. IMPORTANT: To find out the 2019-2020 Required Subject Areas that must be assessed for ECDS State Reporting for Pre-K and Kindergarten, click below:
Is Your School Transitioning from Half Day to Whole Day Pre-K? -- Relax, We've Got This!
The Teaching and Learning Department at ESC-Region 6 now has a Facebook Page!