By Shaheer Ahmed
Nelson Mandela was a very brave and noble person.
- "Mandela continued to fight apartheid as a member of the ANC, which the government banned in 1960. In 1964, he was arrested again, this time for participation in an illegal organization and for treason, and was sentenced to life imprisonment." from paragraph 7
- "While in office, he helped create a new constitution that guaranteed rights and freedom for all and worked to create jobs and improve housing and healthcare." from paragraph 10
- Mandela might have been born into royalty, he still had to face segregation like everyone else.
- Mandela was born on July 18, 1918 and died at the age of 95.
- Mandela might have been imprisoned for 27 years, but he never stopped battling apartheid.
- Mandela supported peaceful protest, but had to use defensive measures for success.
- Mandela was against hurting civilians.