November 6th ERPD
Today's Learning Targets:
- I can use data from various sources to create purposeful groups.
- I can connect the differentiation process to PDSA, RtI, and the 5 learning centered questions.
- I can locate/create instructional materials to meet the needs of each group.
- I can articulate my grade level's section of the vertical planner through the use of the vertical planner document.
- I can use effective group management strategies in my classroom.
- I can form groups using different inventories, modalities, surveys, etc.
Students were working at computers, creating foldables, and in small groups: conjugating verbs, practicing regular verbs, practicing "ER" verbs and reviewing numbers.
Stations featured a group reading comprehension activity (verbal and linguistic) , an interactive mapping activity (visual/spatial), and creating Cuneiform writing with clay and tools (kinesthetic)
Mrs. White created a Smore for the lesson in which students were to watch videos, have discussion, practice skills related to George Segal's plaster art. Students also used "Shaping Up" HYIS Literacy Strategy for note taking.
Re-visit Blended Learning Rubric
Choice Station (1 hour)
o Bring your latest data (benchmark student data or their classroom formative assessment student data) to create groups. Find resources on Homebase and other sites to differentiate the content for the different groups
o Create differentiated groups based on your Aimsweb/core phonic data- the strategy you are committing to implement could be what you do with certain students in a particular group
o Score a class set of OE responses (and get a 2nd scorer) and you could use this data to create the differentiated groups and find content for the students to remediate or enrich.
o Create a formative assessment to be given to your students the following week and create a plan for differentiating groups (once you get the data from the assessment, then plug the student names into the plan).
o Update or create unit planner/s based on the Next Chapter changes for stage one section.
Teacher Facilitated Stations
Feedback, Data, Informational Text: Mitchell's Blended Learning Lab
Go Animate: Henning's Room
Learning Styles: Campbell's Room