EG Staff Update
April 29, 2016
Ray-Pec Vision: - Turning today’s learners into tomorrow’s leaders.
Ray-Pec Mission: - Preparing EACH student for a successful and meaningful life.
Eagle Glen Mission: Empowering students by making learning irresistible.
Eagle Glen Vision: A community of innovators preparing all students to be productive citizens.
Library Media Center Update
Please tell us what you think!
The Ray-Pec School District is seeking feedback from parents, patrons and staff. Responses to the survey will assist the District in measuring progress on the various Focus Areas in the District's Strategic Plan.
Take the survey now by following this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RD5RSDS.
A link to the employee survey was recently emailed to District employees. Superintendent Dr. Kari Monsees notes that continuous improvement is a key component of the District's Strategic Plan. Many of the goals in the plan require performance measurement, and the District will monitor a range of indicators, including such varied items as ACT scores, employee retention rates, and financial data.
Incoming 5th Grade Parent Orientation
Teacher Appreciation Week
Thank you teachers for all your hard work on a daily basis. We appreciate you!
Here is our plan for next week:
Monday - Sonic Drinks
Tuesday - Board of Education Breakfast in cafeteria @ 7:45 a.m.
Wednesday - Lunch provided by office staff. (Italian Food)
Neck Massage, Day #1 (Wendy will send a sign up sheet.)
Thursday - Neck Massage, Day #2
Friday - Lunch provided by PTA. (Mexican Food)
Also, you may wear jeans all week next week.
EG PLC Site Visit
MAC Laptop Update
6th Choir/Band Performance
East Middle School Spring Performance
Signing up is easy. Visit: http://mrrew.weebly.com/trivia-night.html
Contact Mr. Rew if you have questions.
Sixth Grade Send Off
This year Field Day is on Thursday, May 19th. If you are interested in being a volunteer for this fun event, please click on the link below for more information.
Last Day of School
School Board Awards Bids for High School Site Work
In preparation for construction of an addition to the south high school, the Board of Education on April 28th, 2016, approved bids for site development work.
The Board approved a total bid of $1,523,066 from JA Lillig Excavating for the site package, which includes grading, pad preparation for the building additions, relocation and installation of site utilities, and construction of the west and north parking lots. JA Lillig was the low bidder of four submitted bids. The site work is expected to begin soon after the end of the school year.
Panther Pride Summer Care
The District's Panther Pride program provides before-school and after-school care for school age children in grades K-6. During the summer, Panther Pride offers Summer Camp for 11 weeks at Stonegate and Shull elementary schools. Panther Pride also offers care before and after Summer School at Stonegate, Shull, and Creekmoor elementary schools. For Summer Camp, full-time care is available for $100 per week. You may also enroll children for care three days a week, two days a week, or using an al a carte option to select particular weeks or days. Enrollment forms must be submitted by May 17th for student to begin care on May 23rd.
Enrollment form for Summer Camp:
For Summer School care, you may choose full-week and part-week options, as well as morning only or afternoon only care. Enrollment form for before/after Summer School care: http://www.raypec.k12.mo.us/DocumentCenter/View/9216
Enrollment forms are due April 29th for the District's 2016 Summer School program, which begins June 6th and continues until June 30th. It is open to all incoming kindergarten through 12th grade students. http://www.raypec.k12.mo.us/index.aspx?NID=587
ADDITION FOR GRADES K-8
- Kindergarten-8th grade summer school will be four days a week (Monday-Thursday)
- Kindergarten-8th grade students may choose to attend one session of two weeks, or two sessions to total four weeks.
- Transportation will be available to students in kindergarten through 8th grade.
- For students in kindergarten through sixth grade, fee-based Panther Pride school age child care will be offered (before and after school care and/or Friday, as needed):http://www.raypec.k12.mo.us/index.aspx?nid=668
ADDITION FOR GRADES 9-12
- The majority of high school courses for credit will be five days a week (Monday-Friday).
- High school enrichment courses will follow a four-day per week schedule.
- Transportation will not be provided for students in grades 9-12.
- Enrollment for first time credit courses (physical education, summer fitness, health, driver’s education, and personal finance) are due byApril 29th. Credit recovery enrollment will be accepted as late as needed once a non-passing grade has been determined.