SMS Girls' Athletics Newsletter
GO LADY JAGS
Dear Lady Jag Fans,
There is a date change on the Basketball game schedule. The December 13th game has been moved to December 15th.
The Lady Jags Basketball teams went up against the Baines Longhorns this week. All teams put forth amazing effort and determination! Although 3 of our teams fell a little short, the 7A team took home a victory this week in a 31-9 win!
Great job to all players!
Star Players of the Night:
7A- Shiloh Mathew and Lipi Hegde
7B- Sophia Joseph and Nahomy Santos
8A- Lauren Chang and Bhavya Kesaria
8B- Nisah Ali and Isabel Edkins
If you are interested in participating in sports during the 2021-2022 school year-
- RankOne forms must be submitted prior to tryouts next year and can be completed as early as NOW! You can find these through the link below.
- All 7th graders and 8th grade student athletes will need to provide an FBISD physical form completed by a physician and dated April 1, 2021 or later. You can scan a copy of this to Coach Martinez or Coach Keshavarzi now, but please bring the original to tryouts. That form is in the link below.
FBISD Physical Form-
New this year:
There is a return to play protocol for ALL athletes that have a confirmed case of COVID 19. This year, athletes ARE REQUIRED to provide the coaches with a note from a doctor confirming that the athlete is CLEARED TO RETURN TO PARTICIPATE IN ATHLETICS once they have recovered from illness.
2021-2022 UIL COVID-19 RISK MITIGATION GUIDELINES
See you soon!
The SMS Female Coaching Staff
SMS BASKETBALL INFORMATION
7th Grade Basketball Practice/Game Calendar
*7th grade December schedule is updated to reflect the game change on 12/15*
8th Grade Basketball Practice/Game Calendar
Any girl interested in participating in SMS sports must follow these steps to be eligible.
· Make sure that your RankOne forms have been submitted. You can find these through the link below.
· All 7th graders and 8th graders interested in trying out for a sport will need to provide an FBISD physical form completed by a physician to a coach before tryouts begin. You can scan a copy of this to Coach Martinez or Coach K now, but please bring the original to tryouts. That form is in the link below.
· Tryouts and Practices begin at 7am.
· If you have not already done so, let your PE teacher know if you are planning on trying out, so that we can begin a list and start checking off names of cleared (all forms completed) athletes.
FBISD Physical Form-
All athletic tickets will now be sold through a website entitled "Gofan.co". This year, there is no limit on the amount of tickets that fans are allowed to purchase.
Every week, you can purchase your tickets by:
- Clicking the link below
- "search by school"
- type in Fort Bend Independent School District
Facilities For Public Use Information
Fort Bend ISD encourages the use of District facilities in a manner that best serves the needs of the community within the laws, rules and regulations that govern the operation of a public independent school district. District facilities are designed for educational purposes and for that reason we ask all those who we share our facilities with to do so in a way that preserves their condition, providing a safe and healthy place for children to learn. We ask that you please abide by all laws and policies when using our facilities and help us by placing trash in appropriate receptacles, be considerate of other patrons and avoid any activity that could damage or alter school property.
Sartartia Middle School is no longer an open campus year round, and the new Outdoor Facilities for Public Use schedule is found by clicking the button below. Facilities that are not open for the time frame will be locked. As always, facilities are closed to community use during paid rentals.
2021-2022 UIL ELIGIBILITY CALENDAR
MEET YOUR LADY JAGUAR COACHING STAFF
Coach Andrews coaches the 8A Girls Basketball Team.
Coach K coaches 7A volleyball and Girls Track!
Coach Sedita coaches our 8th Grade Girls Soccer Team.
Coach Rosar coaches our 8B volleyball team and Girls Track!
Coach Falleroni coaches our 7A Girls Basketball Team! firstname.lastname@example.org
Coach Mac coaches our 8B Girls Basketball Team! email@example.com
Coach Martinez is our Female Athletics Coordinator and coaches 8A volleyball, 7B basketball, and Girls Track!
Coach Vaughn coaches our 7A volleyball team, Girls Track, and our 7th Grade Girls Soccer Team!
Coach Harrison coaches our Boys and Girls Tennis Teams!