SMS Girls' Athletics Newsletter
GO LADY JAGS
Dear Lady Jag Fans,
AUSTIN HIGH SCHOOL COLOR GUARD AUDITIONS
If you are interested in participating in sports during the 2021-2022 school year-
- RankOne forms must be submitted prior to tryouts next year and can be completed as early as NOW! You can find these through the link below.
- All 7th graders and 8th grade student athletes will need to provide an FBISD physical form completed by a physician and dated April 1, 2021 or later. You can scan a copy of this to Coach Martinez or Coach Keshavarzi now, but please bring the original to tryouts. That form is in the link below.
FBISD Physical Form-
The SMS Female Coaching Staff
Here is some athletics information from the High Schools!
FBISD Held Physical Dates:
FBISD STUDENT ATHLETE COVID REQUIREMENTS
- Athletes will check in and complete the screening process each day before arriving.
- Athletes will be asked to provide additional information if they answered “YES” to any screening questions or if they do not feel well.
- Athletes will park or be dropped off at their group’s predesignated areas.
- Athletes will proceed to check in line and keep social distancing at all times.
- 6 Foot Rule – Maintain 6 feet of space between each other. This includes workout groups and common areas including restrooms.
- Physical Contact – Limit physical contact with others. Do not shake hands, hug, fist-bump or high five.
- Athletes will use hand sanitizer before entering the facility and during workouts.
- Restrooms – Student-athletes are required to wash hands; utilize the “one in one out” model; sanitize hands after exiting; trash cans will be placed near doors to encourage student-athletes to open the door with the paper towel used to dry hands.
- Hydration – Students will be expected to bring their own water. Student-athletes will be required to bring their own individual labeled water bottles/jugs/containers. They are prohibited from sharing water bottles.
Any girl interested in participating in SMS sports must follow these steps to be eligible.
· Make sure that your RankOne forms have been submitted. You can find these through the link below.
· All 7th graders, or 8th grade students who do not have a physical on file with SMS, will need to provide an FBISD physical form completed by a physician to a coach before tryouts begin. You can scan a copy of this to Coach Martinez or Coach K now, but please bring the original to tryouts. That form is in the link below.
· Tryouts and Practices begin at 7am. Arrive by 6:50 am each day to complete screening and temperature checks.
· If you have not already done so, let your PE teacher know if you are planning on trying out, so that we can begin a list and start checking off names of cleared (all forms completed) athletes.
FBISD Physical Form-
MEET YOUR LADY JAGUAR COACHING STAFF
Coach Andrews coaches the 8A Girls Basketball Team.
Coach K coaches 7A volleyball and Girls Track!
Coach Sedita coaches our 8th Grade Girls Soccer Team.
Coach Rosar coaches our 8B volleyball team and Girls Track!
Coach Leland coaches our 7B volleyball and 7B basketball teams!
Coach Turner volunteers her time to help coach our relay teams in Girls Track!
Coach Martinez is our Female Athletics Coordinator and coaches 8A volleyball, 7A basketball, and Girls Track!
Coach Vaughn coaches our Cross Country Team, 8B basketball, Girls Track, and our 7th Grade Girls Soccer Team!
Coach Grider coaches our Boys and Girls Tennis Teams!