Titan Tidbits - Parents
October 21-25, 2019
STEAM Night/OSOB Night Supplies Needed
We are in need of some materials for our STEAM/OSOB Night. If you are able to donate, please see the list below:
Kindergarten - mini marshmallows
1st grade- craft sticks (any size)
2nd grade - plastic spoons (any color)
3rd grade -mouthwash cups
4th grade -rubber bands, string
5th grade -yarn (any color)
Many of these supplies can be found at the Dollar Store.
We are also in need of recyclable materials including: tubes, plastic water bottles, small boxes not larger than a cereal box.
There is no need to make a special trip to school to drop them off, just send them in with your child. We would like to have all donations by October 22nd.
Car Rider Line - Reminders
Please note that there is not an adult on duty in the mornings until 7:05. Because of this, children should not be dropped off at school through the car rider line prior to this time.
- Do not get out of your car in the car line. If your child needs assistance getting out, please pull to the end of the line where a faculty member will be there to assist.
- Please pull all the way down in the line and do not stop half way to let your students out of the car.
- Your child should be prepared (with book bag and lunchbox ready to go) to get out of the car when the car stops.
- We have noticed an increased number of cars getting to school between 7:25 and 7:35 due to our cooler temperatures. Please consider arriving earlier as the traffic in the car rider line from 7:10-7:20 is sparse. Our instructional day begins at 7:35 and students are considered tardy if they arrive after 7:35. If we could get about 100 more cars to drop off between 7:10 and 7:20, we think that we would notice a decrease in the congestion later in the line. If you are able to get into our car line ten minutes earlier, we would greatly appreciate it.
- Remember, if your child is not in the building by 7:35, you are supposed to park and sign your child in at the office. Our School Resource Officer is working to have you do this. Please be respectful of her as she is there to help.
- Please make sure that you are having your children exit on the passenger side of your car. If you have something blocking the passenger door, please consider moving this so your child can exit with ease. Some people get impatient and go around cars in the car rider line and it is dangerous. Parents should not be getting out of the cars to help their students get out of the car.
- You should not switch lanes because you think one is going faster than the other.
Thanks to everyone that has worked hard to get here on time and has their child(ren) ready to get out of their vehicle. Please also remember that you may choose to walk, bike, or have your child(ren) ride the bus if you don't want to/have time to go through the car rider line.
District Proposed Attendance Areas, CLICK HERE
Elementary and middle school parents should have received an email this past week that will allow you to provide feedback on the proposals. If you are a middle or elementary school parent and do not receive an email by Oct. 10, please verify your contact information with our PowerSchool clerk, Sharlene James (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The feedback period will remain open until 5 p.m. on Thursday, October 17. At that time, we will review the feedback for consideration in the administration’s recommendation to the Board of Trustees for first reading at the Tuesday, October 22 meeting.
The recommendation will have second reading and be considered for approval at the November 5 school board meeting.
Veterans' Day Breakfast
Friday, Nov. 8th, 8-9am
2185 Gold Hill Road
Fort Mill, SC
Tega Cay Elementary School would like to honor the veterans of our community by hosting a Veterans' Day Breakfast. The breakfast will take place on Friday, November 8th at 8AM in the cafeteria. Veterans who have family members that attend TCES are invited to come in and have breakfast with their student family member. Veterans' spouses are also invited to attend. Musical entertainment will be provided by the Tega Cay Elementary Choir.
If you are interested in attending this event, please RSVP through the link to the google form below by Friday, October 25th.
Thank you for your service,
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
One School One Book - Cleo Edison Oliver: Playground Millionaire
Titan Nation-Up for a Friendly FM District Challenge... I know we can win!!!
As you may/may not know, the district launched an official district app on the first day of school this year. The app provides quick access to tools including the tip line, important school and district information, calendars, Peachjar, menus, and more. This app also allows you the ability to “follow” individual schools.
The district is running a district-wide competition beginning Monday, September 23 and will run until October 31 to see which school can get the most parent follows. Parents will need to both download the app and select your school to follow. A prize will be given to one school with the most followers at each level– elementary, middle, and high school.
We only get votes if you download and follow Tega Cay Elementary. If you have children at multiple schools, you can follow that school too!
The winners will announce the winner the first week of November.
Can you help Tega Cay win??? Download today!
CLICK HERE for a short video tell you more!
Vision, Mission, and Core Values
Students, staff, and community will strive to be knowledge seekers and problem solvers in an environment that supports inquiry and risk-taking, while respecting the fundamental values and uniqueness of all individuals.
challenge Excellence, and
maintain a Student-Driven focus
TCES Core Values:
Save the Dates!
Thursday, October 24: STEAM/One School One Book (OSOB) Night (5:00-6:30)
Thursday, October 31: District App Download Competition Ends
Friday, November 8: Veteran's Day Celebration (more info to come) & Family Walk/Bike to School Day
Monday, November 11: School Improvement Council Meeting @ 2:45
Thursday, November 14: Spirit Night at Jersey Mike's from 4:30-9 pm
Friday, November 22: PTO Meeting at 7:45 am at TCES
December 2-13: Book Fair
December 2: School Improvement Council Meeting @ 2:45
December 10: Spirit Night at Danny's Pizza from 5-8pm
Friday, December 13: 2nd Annual Holiday Lunch (more info to come) & Family Walk/Bike to School Day
December 17 and 18: Reindeer Lane Holiday Shop (more info to come)