The Principal's Message
Crossroads South Middle School
October 8th, 2015
- 10/9 - 7th & 8th Grade Assembly Program (Bystander)
- 10/10 - PTO Clothing Drive
- 10/12 - Columbus Day
- 10/12 - BOE Meeting 7:30pm @ XRDS NORTH
- 10/13 - Student Council Elections
- 10/14 - EARLY RELEASE DAY - Professional Development
- 10/14 - PTO Meeting 7:00pm @ XRDS NORTH
- 10/15 - Wear Red for Dyslexia Awareness
- 10/15 - SB Parent Academy 7:30pm @ XRDS NORTH
- 10/19 - 10/23 - Violence & Vandalism Awareness Week
- 10/19 - Education Foundation's TASTE FOR EDUCATION Event 6pm @ Double Tree
- 10/23 - 6th Grade Social 3:30pm - 5:00pm @ XRDS SOUTH
- 10/26 - BOE Meeting 7:30pm @ XRDS NORTH
- 10/27 - Picture Day Make-ups
WEEK OF RESPECT
ALL - Morning Announcements about RESPECT
6th Grade - On Tuesday, the 6th grade students met in an assembly program with Counselors and Administration to review policies, rules, and procedures in Middle School.
7th & 8th Grade - On Friday, October 9th, our 7th & 8th Grade students will see the program, "Bystander: A Portrait in Apathy". This program has been presented at Crossroads for years. This year, Jillian Palmieri has been working with students from both North & South to create a student delivered message about the very sad effects and impact of bullying, harassment, and intimidation. http://www.bystander.us/program.html **NOTE: If you have any concerns, please call your child's counselor, Mrs. Young or Mrs. McCarthy.**
FROM THE PRINCIPAL...
Thank you for a wonderful start to our school year! It has been a pleasure to be a member of the Crossroads South Community. We look forward to strong communication throughout the year and this digital newsletter will help to serve that purpose. As always, please feel free to reach out to the school with any questions or concerns.
- CHANGE IN DISMISSAL: If you are planning to pick your child up early, please send in a note alerting the school.
- ATTENDANCE: Daily attendance in school is a critical factor in the success of your child. Please do your best to minimize the number of days your child is absent from school or is taken out early for appointments. Should your child exceed the number of acceptable days absent as determined by NJ State Law, you will receive a letter from the school.
- BUS REMINDERS: Please note: Students are NOT allowed to ride any other busses, even if a parent gives permission. The transportation department does not allow this practice, as they cannot plan for additional students riding our already full busses.
- MUSIC PROGRAM: Our before school music program is up and running! It is an early morning for these students and we appreciate your support and dedication.
- BREAKFAST PROGRAM: Crossroads is now offering breakfast to all students. This is designed to be a quick "GRAB & GO" option that students can eat between arrival and 1st period. **If you have a spending limit on your child's account, you will need to adjust this limit to allow for the addition of breakfast.**
FROM THE COUNSELORS...
Welcome to Middle School! This is one of the most challenging transitions you and your child may experience. Now that school is underway, most of our children are settling in to their routines. However if you or your child seems to be uncertain about school and classroom routines, please feel free to reach out to your child’s counselor. We are assigned by unit and meet regularly with teachers. In addition we serve a liaison to the community and can offer resources when needed.
Please remember, you know your child best, and although some uneasiness is normal, if your child seems nervous, has difficulty sleeping or seems reluctant to come to school, please contact us so we can work together.
CLOTHING DRIVE - SATURDAY, OCTOBER 10th
CLICK HERE for more information!
MORE UPCOMING DATES...
- 11/1 - VIking 5K Run @ SBHS
- 11/2 - SB Parent Academy 7:30pm @ XRDS NORTH
- 11/3 - Election Day
- 11/5 - NO SCHOOL - NJEA
- 11/6 - NO SCHOOL - NJEA
- 11/9 - EARLY RELEASE - Conferences
- 11/10 - EARLY RELEASE - Conferences
- 11/11 - NO SCHOOL - STAFF ONLY Professional Development Day
- 11/12 - EARLY RELEASE - Conferences **LATE NIGHT**
- 11/13 - 7th & 8th Grade Dance @ XRDS SOUTH
- 11/18 - French Soirée
- 11/18 - PTO Meeting 7:00pm @ XRDS SOUTH
- 11/24 - SB Parent Academy 7:30pm @ XRDS NORTH
- 11/25 - EARLY RELEASE - THANKSGIVING
- 11/26 - NO SCHOOL - THANKSGIVING
- 11/27 - NO SCHOOL - THANKSGIVING