Parkridge Tiger Blast
February Week 1
To: Our Terrific Tigers
We also wish to recognize your hard work, resiliency and endurance as we carry on in remote and virtual learning. It is important to us to continue fostering student engagement by recognizing student achievement. As a school we recognize our students who excel in all aspects of learning.
The CNUSD School Board also recognizes students displaying outstanding qualities.
This Month two of our students received a special recognition at the CNUSD Board Meeting.
Congratulations Jovanna and Alejandro!!!
Expanded Learning (PAWS)
Are you interested in enrichment opportunities for your child? Join our Expanded Learning Program! Students will benefit from tutoring, enrichment activities, social-emotional support and FUN!
To join, please email our PAWS Lead, Miss Maria Elena firstname.lastname@example.org
to sign-up for a spot.
Our PAWS program runs Monday-Friday
2021-2022 Virtual School
Virtual Transfer Information
CNUSD Families who are interested in placing their student(s) in a virtual learning environment for the 2021-22 school year must request a transfer to our CNUSD Virtual School, a brand new school focused on supporting our students who chose to learn in an online learning environment, rather than in our traditional school setting.
You will need your Parent Connect Pin number as well as your student(s) ID to complete the form. Deadline to submit transfer is Sunday, February 14, 2021
Transportation & Bussing
In preparation for in-person instruction, parents can apply now for transportation
YOU MAY SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE
Bus Pass Application - cnusd.k12.ca.us
You will need to upload documents.
If you would like to apply for a Bus Pass in-person at the transportation office you will need to schedule an appointment using the Schedule Appointment Link below
Bus Pass application appointments are available between the hours of 8:00AM-3:45PM (Monday-Friday)
300 S. Buena Vista Avenue
Corona, CA 92882
Grab & Go meals are FREE for all students. Meals will continue to be distributed curbside at most CNUSD school sites, on the first day of each week. Students will receive breakfast and lunch for each school day. Students need not be present, but parents and/or students are asked to provide valid CNUSD pin numbers for all meals, just as we do during the typical school year. A student may receive only one bag of food per week.
While meals are free through the end of 2020, families are still encouraged to fill out free/reduced applications online at www.CNUSDnutrition.com which can provide free and/or reduced lunch prices for the remainder of the school year. When you apply for free or reduced meals, you may qualify for income-eligible services, such as reduced Advanced Placement (AP) test fees, low-cost WIFI, and more! To apply click on the link
Material Distribution- ALL Grade Levels and Programs
Wednesday, Feb. 10th, 2-4pm
750 Corona Avenue
PEP Talks/Charlando con Cafe
Friday, Feb. 12th, 8:30am
This is an online event.
Join us for our Parent and Educator Partnership Talks/ Charlando con Café Meeting with our Principal Sandy Verdugo
This will be a Virtual Meeting. Zoom Info will be shared via email.
President's Day- No School
Monday, Feb. 15th, 7am
This is an online event.
Friday, Feb. 19th, 9am
This is an online event.
Virtual BINGO Night
Friday, Feb. 26th, 5:45-7pm
This is an online event.
RSVP FOR BINGO BY 2/19/21 so we can send your playing cardhttps://signup.com/go/LOamebm
PTA Members get an extra playing card. To join PTA click the link or the button below
From the CNUSD Parent Center
Parent Center Appointments
The Parent Center is open to assist parents with resources, transfers, pre-enrollment, requests and much more. Our office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm. Please call to set up an appointment. (951) 273-3132.
The Connection on Facebook Live - Managing Covid-19 Anxiety and Other Stressors
--This month we're partnering with APCTC (Asian Pacific Counseling & Treatment Centers) to bring you workshops in English, Mandarin, Tagalog and Vietnamese. Schedule and zoom link will be as follows:
Thursday, February 4 - English 6:00pm - 7:00pm
Zoom Link: 669 564 6079
Thursday, February 11 - Mandarin 6:00pm - 7:00pm
Zoom Link: 985 9118 6806 Password: CNUSD
Thursday, February 18 - Tagalog 6:00pm - 7:00pm
Zoom Link: 669 564 6079
Friday, February 26 - Vietnamese 7:00pm - 8:00pm
Zoom Link: 951 233 8874
Dual Language Immersion Program for Spanish Speakers
Join our EL department and the Parent Center on Facebook Live as they discuss the benefits of enrolling your Spanish speaking child in the kindergarten bilingual program for the 2021-22 school year. Presentation will be in Spanish only.
Date: Wednesday, February 17, 2021
Beyond the Cap and Gown Series
Middle School Series
February 9 - Middle School Survival Guide - Skills and habits that will help your student be successful in middle school.
February 16 - Social/Emotional Health - Learn how to navigate the changes in social and emotional health during middle school.
February 23 - Career and College Pathways - Start conversations about interests, colleges, and careers early with some conversation starters.
Time: English - 6:00pm • Spanish - 7:00pm
All presentations will be our the Parent Center Facebook Live
Impact Teen Driver Workshops
Impact Teen Driver zoom workshops educate parents and teens to save lives, prevent crashes, and ultimately to stop the number one killer of teens - reckless and distracted driving. Workshops are available in English and Spanish. Click on date/time to register.
United Lift Rental Assistance Program
Renters in the County of Riverside who meet the eligibility requirements may receive one-time rental assistance of $3,500 per household under the United Lift Rental Assistance Program. To apply or for more information please see click to view their website: www.unitedlift.org
Parent Center and Saddleback Church Food Distribution
On the 2nd Saturday of each month from February to June, the Parent Center is partnering with Saddleback Church to host a food distribution at the Corona High School parking lot.
Dates include: February 13, March 13, April 10, May 8, and June 12
Begins: 10am, until supplies last
Location: Corona High School parking lot, 1150 W. Tenth St, Corona 92882. Enter parking lot from Lincoln Avenue
Phileo is an organization started by a CNUSD alumni that assists families in need with groceries. Each family receives a tote filled with fresh fruits, vegetables and a $25 grocery gift card. To refer a family please contact Phileo directly at (714) 768-2645 or email at: PhileoOrganization@gmail.com.
Head Start Registration Open
The Head Start program promotes school readiness of infants, toddlers, and preschool-aged children from low-income families. Services are provided in a variety of settings including centers, family child care, and children's own home. For more information or to registration please visit their website.
Didn't get your P-EBT card?
The second wave of P-EBT cards have been disbursed. If you moved or did not receive your payment contact the Department of Social Services at (877) 328-9677. No new applications are being accepted. For more information please call their office or visit: https://www.cdss.ca.gov/home/pandemic-ebt
Looking for Employment in 2021? CNUSD is hiring.
Check out our presentations for more information.
Resume Building presentation
PARENT CENTER AND ADULT EDUCATION PARTNERSHIP
Invest in your future now! Join teacher-led virtual classes at Corona-Norco Adult School. Free and low-cost classes starting in January.
· Practice computer skills to earn a Business Office Technology Certification
· Gain bookkeeping and accounting knowledge to become an Intuit QuickBooks Certified User
· Learn Spanish or improve your English
· Get your High School Diploma
Sign up for an orientation for more details and enrollment information: https://bit.ly/2KsbbCB
The Corona Norco Unified School District provides counseling services for your student at every school site. These services include both academic and social emotional support for your student. To speak to a counselor, please call your child’s school office. Find Mental Health Resources and more at www.cnusd.k12.ca.us/mentalhealth.
24 Hour Mental Health Emergency Treatment Services
- 9990 County Farm Road, Suite 4, Riverside 92503
- (951) 358-4700
- (909) 763-4970
CARES Riverside County Department of Mental Health
- Helps locate outpatient mental health services for children and patients in Riverside County.
- (800) 706-7500
- Free tele-health and virtual therapy resources made available through our partner Care Solace. Support available 24/7.
- (888) 515-0595
- Email: email@example.com
- Care Solace website
Carolyn E. Wylie Center
- Serving the Inland Empire, they provide the highest quality educational programs and therapeutic services to meet the needs, goals and hopes of individuals with special learning, emotional and developmental needs.
- 4164 Brockton Avenue, Riverside 92501
- (951) 683-5193
Community Access Network
- CAN Counseling Center provides a variety of therapeutic services including individuals, family and couples therapy. For information: www.fosterkidscan.org.
- 2275 South Main Street, Corona 92879
- (951) 279-3222
Family Adolescent and Children’s Treatment (FACT of Corona)
- For serious emotional difficulties. Psychiatrist available. Medi-Cal, Healthy Families, and Healthy Kids are accepted.
- 1195 Magnolia Avenue, Corona 92879
- (951) 273-0608
HELPline 24 Hour Crisis/Suicide Intervention
- The HELPline connects you with someone who cares, who will listen and support you in your time of crisis. Bilingual counselors are also available. The hotline serves as a lifeline to those who may be feeling overwhelmed, in need of emotional assistance and possibly considering suicide. Together you explore alternatives to help stabilize your situation. All conversations are confidential.
- (951) 686-4357
LifeSource Affordable Counseling
- Serving adults, children, couples and families in the Inland Empire by providing individualized counseling options that are affordable and effective.
- 7177 Brockton Avenue, Suite 452, Riverside 92506
- (951) 682-7143
National Alliance on Mental Illness Western Riverside County
- Provides support and referral services to people in the Riverside, Moreno Valley, Corona, Norco and Jurupa Valley/Rubidoux area.
- 4095 County Circle Drive, #A, Riverside 92503
- (951) 369-2721
Parent to Parent Telephone Support Line
- Non-emergency line for parents/caregivers of Riverside County who are raising a child/youth with mental health, emotional and/or behavioral challenges.
- (888) 358-3622
The Lehman Center
- Family counseling, individual counseling, and parent classes are offered.
- Services for Children: 3705 Myers Street, Riverside 92503 - (951) 358-4625
- Services for Adults: 9990 County Farm Road, Suite 5, Riverside 92503 - (951) 358-4834
Take My Hand
- Connect with a Peer Support Specialists (PSS) who utilizes lived experiences to connect with people who are having life challenges. A PSS will support you by listening and validating your concerns, offer resources, provide coping strategies and link you to the right level of care.
- Chat hours: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Website: www.takemyhand.co
The Trevor Project
- Provides crisis and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning (LGBTQ) youth between the ages of 13-24.
- (866) 488-7386