How to Become a Global Scholar
Class of 2017
What is a Global Scholar?
The UCPS Global Scholars Program recognizes graduating seniors for their hard work throughout their high school careers as well as for the completion of a Service Learning Project.
Criteria for becoming a Global Scholar:
- 1 Earth/Environmental Science credit
- 4 Social Studies credits
- 2 World Language credits that include levels 1 and 2
- 6 Elective credits that include at least two second-level or advanced courses
- Completion of a Service Learning Project
Why Become a Global Scholar?
- You will receive special recognition at your commencement ceremony as well as on your diploma.
- The distinction looks impressive on college applications, job applications, and resumes.
How are Global Scholars Recognized?
- Special cords for graduation provided by Dr. Harris
- A seal affixed to your diploma
- Recognition during the Commencement Ceremony
Service Learning Project Information
What is a Service Learning Project: A project that is designed by the student that integrates meaningful community service and has a global theme. Students will reflect on the entire process.
Service Learning Project Process:
- Submit a proposal to Mr. Ferron that explains the community service you plan on or have provided.
- Provide a brief outline of the Service Learning Project that explains the planning process.
- Once approved, complete the Service Learning Project and create a Google Presentation that explains what you did and the global connection.
- Note that you may use a Service Project you've already completed as long as it is recent and has a global connection.
Global Scholars Timeline
- Friday, April 7th: Service Learning Proposals Due to Mr. Ferron
- April 17 - 21: PRHS Globalization Committee will review proposals for approval
- First Week of May: Students will present their Google Presentation to members of the Globalization Committee.