Davis/Martin Weekly Update
December 7 - December 11
Reading reports went home on Friday. Please sign and return the half sheet as soon as possible. Students are to read 5 chapter books and 1 nonfiction book this quarter. Books must be read and Accelerated Reader tests taken by Wednesday December 16th. On a side note, Mrs. Davis' class won Flashlight Friday for reading the most words this past week! They were rewarded with the opportunity to read in the dark by flashlight.
Boys Club and Girls Club will be going on field trips this Thursday, December 10th. Please return these permission slips by the dates specified. Be on the lookout for a flyer going home this week about our Christmas parties on Thursday December 17th.
Mrs. Davis & Mrs. Martin
In MATH & SCIENCE:
- Science: Rocks and Minerals Unit TEST will be Friday, December 11.
- Math: We are working Multiplication and Division with Fractions.
- We will continue to work on our individualized math program on Khan Academy and Front Row Math. Students are allowed to work on it at home.
- The students are improving their multiplication fluency by working on Math Facts Pro. Practicing Math Facts Pro is now part of the students' homework,multiplication logs are due on Monday.
- S.S. Chapter 6 Study Guide: This will go home Wednesday and is due Friday.
- Weekly Reading Log: 20 minutes of reading, 5 nights per week, DUE MONDAYS (this is averaged into your child's reading grade)
- Weekly Vocabulary Page: This will go home every Tuesday, and needs to be completed and returned every Wednesday
- Weekly Multiplication Log: Math Facts Pro two times each night, 5 nights per week. These logs are also DUE MONDAY (this is averaged into your child's math grade)
- Students will most always have math homework every night through the week, Fridays and weekends off.
- UHI is participating in a canned food drive, which runs from Dec. 1 - 9. Food items to be donated are: green beans, corn, cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, and mac and cheese. Packaged toys may also be donated.
Tues. Dec. 1 - Thurs. Dec. 9: Canned Food Drive
Thurs. Dec. 10: Boys' Club & Girls' Club Field Trips
Tues. Dec. 15: Chapter 6 Social Studies Test
Tues. Dec. 15: Bookworm Buddies Meeting @ 6:30 p.m.
Wed. Dec. 16: 2nd Quarter Reward Trip (AState Women's Basketball Game)
Thurs. Dec. 17th: 5th Grade Christmas Parties @ 10 a.m.
Fri. Dec. 18th: End of 2nd Quarter (dismissal 1 hour early)
December 19 - January 3: Christmas Break