December 6th, 2015 - Issue #14
Power Walks for the Week - In the Lunchroom!
We are revisiting Lunchroom Behavior. There were a few incidents last week that included rude behavior to duties and even throwing food. . . so we are going to get out of sequence a bit and cover Lunchroom this week. Please cover quiet voices, respects, pick up, etc.
Congratulations and a HAPPY JEANS FRIDAY TO:
If I missed you in the list above, just bring me an artifact from last week and you are good to go! Remember, this Friday is NOT a Jeans Friday unless you did last week's Power Walk. However, if you spaced it last week you are getting a 2nd chance this week! Please take your kids to the Lunch Room, document the power walk and then join your teammates in blue for Friday.
For those who won last week, and document the Lunch Room walk this week - I have special treat for you that you can only claim in person. Come see me for the surprise once you document the Lunch Room Power Walk - it will be worth it!!
If you are one of our WONDERFUL staff members who do not necessarily have the opportunity to take a group of kids on a power walk (Para, Health tech, Librarian, Secretary, Specials Teacher, Interventionist, etc) I want you to have the equal opportunity for a Jeans-alicious day on Friday. If you can capture a PAWS teachable moment with a kid regarding LUNCH ROOM BEHAVIOR and document it to me you can also partake of the luxury of denim on Friday. If you are in this group and document 2 teachable moments this week, you can have the "special surprise" as well! Just come see Amber.
Please do not cheat the system, as that would not be very fair to those who put in the effort. However if you did put in the effort, enjoy the fruits of your Power Walk!!
This Week's Schedule
Monday - December 7th:
- Art @ RV - D Day
- 8:00 - 11:00 a.m. Amber and Stacy in Maybell
- Mid-year conversations all afternoon
- 3:30 p.m. PBiS Meeting
Tuesday - December 8th
- Instructional Rounds - Reading Part 2 We will begin by ensuring all learning targets are complete, and then move on to parallel learning sections including which kids are receiving specific classroom/extra interventions - please have your pre/post assessment and matrices data available. See this link on Student Centered Coaching: https://goo.gl/kchpgD. Amber has a meeting with Elementary Principals and Ava at admin from 9:30-1:00 and miss most grade level rounds :(
- Deadline for Unique Accommodations
- 3:45 p.m. RV PAC Meeting
Wednesday - December 9th
- 8:30 a.m. Admin Meeting
- 2:15 p.m. RV CST
- 3:30 p.m. Mandatory Staff Meeting at all Buildings to discuss PARCC results
- 4:00 p.m. Benefit Committee Meeting
- 6:00 p.m. Gifted/Talented Informational Meeting
Thursday - December 10th
- Learning Walks with Ava at RV - please sign up using the sign-up sheet in the Work Room/Teacher's Lounge
- 9 a.m. Counselor Collaboration
Friday - December 11th
- PARCC Released in paper at 12:00 noon
- Mid-year Conversations all day
- 6 p.m. Christmas Party at Bowling Alley
Looking Ahead . . . .
Monday - December 14th
- Art @ RV - C Day
- Observations and Mid-year Conversations all day
- 3:00 p.m. School Board Meeting @ Admin
- 3:30 PBiS Meeting (Amber will not be able to make this because of the Board Meeting)
Tuesday - December 15th
- Art @ RV - D Day
- 5:30 DAC meeting at Admin
- Instructional Rounds - Writing Part 1 - we will begin by ensuring all learning targets are complete, and then move on to parallel learning sections including which kids are receiving specific classroom/extra interventions - please have your pre/post assessment and matrices data available. See this link on Student Centered Coaching: https://goo.gl/m5OG93
- 3:30 - 4:45 p.m. Staff Meetings all schools
Wednesday - December 16th
- 10:00 - 1:00 Elementary Principal Collaboration
- 2:15 p.m. RV CST
- 4:00 p.m. New Teacher Induction
- 4:00 p.m. Maybell PAC Meeting
- 6:00 p.m. Maybell Christmas Choir
Thursday - December 17th
- 9:00 a.m. Counselor Collaboration
- 12:30 p.m. Zack and Amber - Walkthroughs
- Afternoon TBD - School Choir Concert
- 6:30 p.m. - RV Choir Concert (community performance)
Friday - December 18th
- Jean Friday - please pay Cyndee for your donation to the Moffat County Cancer Society
- Tentative District Level Collaboration - i3Seed Grant Informational Meeting
On December 3rd, the House approved a bi-partisan compromise bill, the Every Child Succeeds Act (ESSA), which will replace the unpopular and flawed No Child Left Behind law known as ESEA.
Would you like some extra $$$ ?
If you would be interested in helping us with this program, please let Amber know. We are thinking we will do 6-8 Monday afternoon classes starting the 2nd week of January. Time would likely be 3:30 - 3:45 p.m. Snack, then 3:45 - 4:30 class, although we are open to suggestions.
Our Mid-year conversations are due before we leave for Christmas Break. Can you believe how fast the time goes by!!
I am hoping that all of you will begin to schedule a 30 minute time slot with me on the Ridgeview Elementary - Staff Only calendar.
The following will be what this time looks like:
(10 minutes) Review of Professional Growth Plan and report or bring evidence of progress on your work toward achieving your goal(s). Questions I might ask include:
- How are you progressing toward completion of the action steps in your plan?Any barriers?
- What additional resources do you need to successfully accomplish your action steps?
(10 minutes) Evaluator's Rubric Completion to Date
As I have been looking through the Teacher's Rubric, there are many items that I feel can be marked as a result of our co-planning cycles and the walkthroughs/observations that we have done together this year.
Zack and I have been working through the rubric together as part of my own coaching, and I have a deeper understanding of many of the elements/professional practices, which hopefully we will all get a chance to discuss individually (but later in the Spring).
(10 minutes) Progress toward SLOs
- Check to be sure you have a clear understanding of your collaborative SLO/MSL.
- How are your students progressing toward the SLOs? How do you know?
- Which students are struggling or exceeding expectations?
- What additional resources do you need as you work to achieve your SLO?
I always enjoy these dialogues and our time together. I will try to be as efficient as possible in our time!
This is a resource that was shared by CDE. Check it out! Great for teachers and parents to help students improve skills.