The Wolves Den
Week of May 4th 2020 Digital Learning Edition
Some fun up and coming days to celebrate at home...
May 4 National Orange Juice Day- Enjoy some orange juice today- maybe squeeze your own
May 5 Teacher Appreciation Day- Send a Thank You email to your teachers
May 5 Cinco de Mayo
May 6 National Nurses Day- Give thanks to all our amazing nurses
May 6 National Bike to School Day- We can't bike to school so let's get outside and go for a bike ride
May 7 National Tourism Day- Learn something new about Manitowoc
May 8 National School Lunch Hero Day- Give thanks to All our wonderful Chartwells workers
May 9 National Babysitter Day- We love our babysitters
May 9 National Archery Day- Thanks to Mr. Koch for being our archery club advisor
May 10 Mother's Day
May 11 National Eat What You Want Day- Enjoy all the delicious food today
May 12 National Limerick Day
May 13 National Apple Pie Day
May 13 National Hummus Day
May 14 National Dance Like A Chicken Day
May 15 National Chocolate Chip Day
May 15 National Pizza Party Day
May 16 National Armed Forces Day
May 17 National Take Your Parents To The Playground Day
May 18 National No Dirty Dishes Day
We LOVE our seniors! Challenge for the THIS week for our students!
Please follow/ like Washington Middle School Facebook Page. We are sharing lots of information, challenges, fun ideas, and pictures with you all.
Our Continued Goal
- Continue to connect with our students and their families.
- Continue to support students through distance learning
- Provide specific feedback to students and families about student progress.
- Provide frequent communication in order to keep our staff, students, families, and community connected.
Message from our School Nurses
We want your feedback!
We appreciate your input each week. Last week's survey, showed that overall things are going well give our unique circumstances, and some of you would like to see more personalized feedback on work that is returned. We have included a section on the survey where you can add your name and preferred contact method, so we can contact you in regards to your survey to better support you and your child(ren) if we have further questions.
Here is this weeks short survey Thank you so much.
8th Grade Families
8th Grade Families
Lincoln High School Class of 2024! As we come to an end of a year like no other… we want you to know how excited we are to welcome you to the Shipyard, next school year! As disappointing as it was to have to postpone our incoming Freshmen night in March, we want you to know that we continue to plan for future opportunities to prepare you for your Freshmen year.
These opportunities include:
- A class of 2024 Google Classroom which will include a variety of resources for you to check out (Shared with all 8th graders by May 15th).
- A virtual school tour brought to you by our school Administration team.
- A late summer opportunity to better acquaint yourselves with our building.
Keep a watch out for information in the next couple of weeks! Go SHIPS!!
Tips For Distance Learning
- Create a schedule for your children.
- Turn off the News and Talk. The news can be upsetting, especially to our children. Continue to let your children know it is okay to feel however they are feeling. PBS News Hour- is news that is appropriate for kids grades 6-12
- Stay Connected with Family and Friends. Here is a list of ideas!
- Enjoy the family time. Ideas to stay Healthy, Educated, and Entertained at this time.
- Be patient & give each other grace.
- Stumped? Turn it over to the teachers: Have your child email the teachers.
- Check in With Teachers: Periodically, check in with teachers if your child is struggling.
- Just Start Today: Take away the pressure and overwhelming feeling. Some kids may have many assignments piling up and they don't know where to even begin. Tell them to just Start Today! Start with the lessons that are posted for today. Don't worry about the lessons from the past days or even weeks.