Welcome New Wolves!
Sixth Grade Orientation for our New Wolves
Welcome to the Pack!
Links Referenced in the Video
The orientation video referenced several links that elaborate on a given topic or provide tutorials of new platforms. We have provided the links below.
- Information about Restorative Practices Schools can be found here.
- ParentVue– all contact information can be updated on ParentVue except for an address change. You can also view your student’s bus schedule, class schedule, grades, etc.
- Canvas is a course management system that supports online learning and teaching. It allows teachers to post grades, information, and assignments online. PWCS will be moving to this platform this year. Parents can view a recording of a live webinar to learn how to set up your parent account in Canvas, learn how to navigate Canvas, see what a course looks with when observing a student, and compare the mobile app experience
- Sign up for our Counseling Newsletter here to receive information about scheduling and counseling initiatives throughout the year
- Become familiar with the Code of Behavior, the expectations that we have for our PWCS students. Information about dress code can be found here.
- Become familiar with Zoom, a platform for video calling, by watching this brief video
Additionally, please follow us on Twitter and encourage your child to do so! We really want to stay connected! @LRMS_Counseling.