Gator Library Learning Commons
Read, Connect, Discover, Make
The Gator Library Learning Commons has some exciting opportunities in store for your child this year:
- Promoting the very best of children’s literature!
- Working to get (or keep) every child “hooked on reading” by recommending specific reading materials to each individual.
- Adding the latest and most exciting new titles for our young readers, including quality non-fiction to meet the needs of learners and educators.
- Working with classroom teachers to help infuse information literacy and research skills into all areas of the curriculum.
- Library lessons will stress good Digital Citizenship, helping your child make safe and ethical decisions when using the Internet.
- Introduction and additions to ebook collection.
- Special events including virtual author visits, a book fair, Bluebonnet program, and virtual connections with schools from around the world.
- If you would like to volunteer to help in the library, please let me know. We would love to have you!
- Development of a Makerspace to give learners the opportunity to create, built, problem-solve, and discover.