Beating the Odds
Lakeview Staff Newsletter - February 15
• Use of quadrant chart
• Solid understanding of the phrase "gap to proficiency"
• Use of Student Profile report in NWEA to dig deeper into your wonders and questions
• Plan for regrouping students in small group instruction based on the current data
In particular, look at the Student Profile report. It really groups together all sorts of historical information on one student. This report speaks to parents as well, so having it ready to show at conferences is an idea to consider.
Paras - Mid-year goal updates
1. Log into My Learning Plan
2. Open the form called "Para Professional Non-certified Support Staff Goals REVIEW"
3. Scroll way down to the mid-year review portion
4. Type your reflection (you may have to open the original goal setting form to review the exact wording of your goal)
5. Press "Save and Notify". This button is ONLY for paras - the "Save and Notify" button must be used for this form at this time because you will complete another section in May before submitting.
Please complete this by Friday, February 22nd. If you are unsure how to access your MLP account, please first speak with your supervising special ed teacher. If you have questions about the actual goals or reflections, feel free to see me. See the photos below as well.
Wednesday, February 20
Lakeview Staff Meeting 7:15-8:15 a.m.
Superintendent Search Session 4:00-5:15 p.m.
Thursday, February 21
Lakeview Art Show 5-7 p.m.
Friday, February 22
Field trip - 1st grade to PAC
February 27 & 28
Conferences from 4-8 p.m. each night
Friday, March 1
Conferences - Please send me your conference schedule. If you need Heather or myself at a conference, please let us know.
School supply lists - I look at school supply lists from a parent's point of view. Here's my simple take on school supply lists: If you're not going to use it consistently in class, it should not be on a supply list. Don't ask for a 3" binder that costs $15 and send it home with one thing in it at the end of the year (that's a real example from my own kids). Please get together with your team and submit your supply list to Cortney by Thursday, February 28. However, it will not be the final list. Rather, it will be the first step in creating some consistent school supply lists across all four schools.
Family newsletter - Here is the link to this week's family newsletter.
Elementary Blackout Dates - Here is a link to the calendar