Holly Academy News & Views
January 27, 2020
Y5/K/1 "Meet & Greet"
Join our Pack! Please spread the word to your friends and colleagues that Holly Academy's open enrollment period is now through March 6th. Our Y5/K/1 "Meet & Greet" is on Monday, February 24th from 6:00pm-7:30pm. Prospective students and parents can come and meet the staff and discover what makes HA remarkable. #daretoberemarkable
Did You Know...
Fun Facts About The Third Grade Team:
- Miss Behrendt says the ABC's backwards to fall asleep each night!
- Mrs. Price traveled to Kenya, Africa to study wildlife conservation. She spent three weeks learning the culture of the people and how their culture connects to the conservation of the wildlife!
- Mrs. Mison can twiddle her thumbs in two different directions at the same time!
Parking Lot Rules
- No cell phone use in the parking lot
- Do not get out of your car when dropping off your child
- In the drop off lane, please pull up to the traffic attendant row before letting your child out
- Drive slowly and be aware of your surrounding while driving
- Do not drop off students at the main entrance
- Be courteous and considerate in the parking lot
This is a great project for students to show their creativity and put their Spanish skills at work!
Dare to be Remarkable, Huskies!
The 2019-2020 Yearbook is now officially on sale! Don't miss out on the fantastic "Early Bird" price! From now until February 14th you can purchase your book for only $25. After the 14th they will be priced at $30. For an easy online option please go to:
Do NOT pay via REVTRAK for Holly Academy Yearbooks, the above link is your on-line payment option.
Middle School Shirt Form
From the Board of Directors
- Jan. 29 - Board of Director's meeting, 5:30pm in media center
- Jan. 31 - Music dress down day, $1.00
- Jan. 31 - Read by Grade 3 parent meeting, 8:00-9:00am in media center
- Feb. 7 - PTO dress down, $1.00
- Feb 12 - Count day
- Feb. 13 - PTO meeting at 8:00am
- Feb 14 - Half day, dismiss at 11:30am
- Feb. 14 - Happy Valentine's Day
- Feb. 17 - No school - President's Day
- Feb. 21 - PBIS dress down, $1.00
- Feb. 21 - Middle school movie night from 3:45-5:45pm in the auditorium
- Feb. 24 - Spring picture day
- Feb. 24 - Y5/K/1 "Meet & Greet" night at 6:00pm
- Feb. 26 - Board of Director's meeting, 5:30pm in media center
- Feb. 27 - Parent/teacher conferences, 1:00-4:30pm and 5:30-8:00pm
- Feb. 27 - Half day, dismiss at 11:30am
- Feb. 28 - Half day, dismiss at 11:30am
Scout Pack 220 is in need of leaders. A pack needs five leaders to recharter annually. We are currently unable to recharter the pack for 2020 which means a halt in meetings and activities. We currently have 27 students who will be impacted by the loss of this pack. If you are interested and able to become a leader, please contact Aaron Steele at email@example.com.
January is Creativity Month! Do you like to get creative with hands-on activities? Camp Invention®, an exciting, weeklong summer adventure, will challenge you to use your creativity in all-new ways! In this program, you will use your imagination to create new ideas, design a sports complex and build a city using recyclable materials!
When: June 22-26th, 2020
Time: 9am-3:30pm (before/aftercare is available)
Where: Holly Academy
For children entering grades K - 6
SAVE $25 expires 3/31/20. Promo code DSB25
SAVE $15 use between 4/1/20-5/12/20. Promo code DSB15
PTO CLOTHING SALE
PTO is happy to announce that the online PTO clothing store will be open from January 22nd through February 5th. Please remember hooded sweatshirts are for middle school and parents only. Samples of some of the clothing will be on display during drop off and dismissal on Wednesday the 22nd, Monday the 27th, and Wednesday the 29th.
You may contact Nichole Bertucci, Parent Volunteer at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.