Our school as an example
A GOOIS innovation
ECO-WARRIOR & ECO-ADVOCATE
Responsibilities of an Eco Warrior
· Will be responsible to switch off lights/A.C of his/her grade.
· In charge of Environmental Quizzes/ Examinations.
· Should update environmental activities in the School Eco Blog.
· Overall environmental responsibility of his grade.
Responsibilities of an Eco advocate
· Motivates & actively participates in the paper collection/ I CAN campaigns.
· Responsible for the ECO CORNER which is to be displayed in every class.
· In charge of Balcony stories
· Takes up the responsibilities of Eco Warrior in his absence.
- A smart and innovative idea that the school initiated, to use limited area and cultivate to the maximum.
- We at GOOIS believe that space should not pose as a barrier for creative minds. Keeping this in mind, we have inventively used the concept of space management by planting the Vertical Gardens.
The Green Project
- We have overcome the problem of constrained space by using various recyclable materials sure as tyres & plastic pots.
- We have used every available space in our school to plant different saplings and watch them grow.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
Self-efficiency in cultivation of vegetables is a step that we have taken in our school.
- We have planted a variety of vegetables such as chilies, tomatoes, capsicums, bitter gourds, snake gourds, ash gourds and ladies finger.
- It is truly a splendor to see students of varied ages coming together to take care of these plants
- This is also a way for the primary students to be able to culture the feeling of responsibility within themselves as they water and take care of the plants everyday. And then finally be able to pluck the fruit of their hard work.
- Healthy living
- Energy Conservation
Plant Journals and Nature Walks
Children from the primary maintain their plant journals.