FC Bands Weekly Cadence
March 22, 2021
Here is everything you need to know about the Franklin Central Bands program right now.
Band Practice & Performance Schedule
Band Boosters Announcements
Hosted Events - Help Needed
IHSCGA Hosted Event - March 27th - Volunteers NEEDED
Band Concert News
Each band class will have two rehearsals in April to practice and record their ISSMA pieces. Students should dress nicely (boys: dress pants and polo or button-down shirt and girls: dress pants and blouse or dress that goes below the knee while sitting and the shoulders covered).
Concert Band (period 2)
Wednesday, April 14th: 3:15pm - 4:30pm
Thursday, April 15th: 3:15pm - 4:30pm
Symphonic Band (period 3)
Wednesday, April 14th: 4:45pm - 6:00pm
Thursday, April 15th: 4:45pm - 6:00pm
Wind Symphony (period 4)
Monday, April 19th: 3:15pm - 4:30pm
Tuesday, April 20th: 3:15pm - 4:30pm
Wind Ensemble (period 5)
Monday, April 19th: 4:45pm - 6:00pm
Tuesday, April 20th: 4:45pm - 6:00pm
The Spring Concert will be held on Wednesday, May 12th and Thursday, May 13th. More information about these dates will be provided after spring break.
Marching Band 2021
Marching band dates have been added to the Band Calendar.
- Mandatory practices will occur the week of October 11 (second week of fall break).
- Incoming Freshman callouts will be in May.
- All Winds will have practices on Friday evenings in June and July.
- Dates for percussion tryouts and practice will be added soon.
This Week - March 22nd to March 27th
IPA State Prelims Results
FCPS placed 2nd Saturday at the IPA State Prelims held at Avon High School with a score of 88.50. This performance was absolutely AMAZING! All scores can be found here: Scores from 3/20 State Prelims
STATE FINALS DAY - March 27th - Ben Davis High School
● Sat. March 27th ~ FC performs at 8:35pm~ Here is the link from the IPA website with all the information you will need for this competition: 3/27 State Finals at Ben Davis
- Please read this information! It will answer any questions you have!
● Students will rehearse all day. An Itinerary will be shared later in the week for Sat.
● Below are our Covid traveling guidelines from the Transportation Department.
- We will be taking two buses. 25 students, 1 adult chaperone on each bus.
- Masks MUST be worn the entire time.
- No food or drinks are permitted on the bus.
- 1 student per seat-with the first 3 seats of the bus left open.
- Students will have to be in full uniform before we leave, no dressing rooms or time allowed to dress is given while at the competition.
- Battery/Cymbals/Pit~please bring long black socks!
- Battery/Cymbals will wear their marching shoes. Pit can wear black dress shoes/marching shoes.
- There will be a lunch break, please bring a lunch or one may be dropped off at door 3W~NO ONE should leave the high school on lunch break!
- Our amazing food lead and parent, Heather Buck, has created a sign up sheet for all our competition dinners. If you have any questions regarding dinner sign ups, please contact Heather at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please sign up here to donate food for lunch here: Dinner Sign Up Sheet
*PLEASE DO NOT FORGET YOUR BLACK SOCKS OR MARCHING SHOES!
Spring Break Rehearsal Times
3/22 to 3/24 - 9:00am to 4:00pm (lunch is 12:00pm)~Battery and Mallets/Timpani
*Rack and Electronics report after lunch break at 1:00pm on Monday and Tuesday
*Cymbals and Visual report at 2:30pm on Monday and Tuesday
3/25 & 3/26 - 9:00am to 6:00pm
3/27 - State Finals - FC Performs at 8:35pm
3/29 to 4/3 - No Rehearsal! Enjoy your Spring Break!
*Dont forget to dress up this week!*
Dress Up Days
Tuesday: Favorite Decade Day
Wednesday: Crazy Socks Day
Thursday: Hawaiian/Beach Day
Friday: Section Color Day
Our 4th payment of $170 was due Monday, March 1st. Please be sure to make your payments on time. If you need to set up a payment plan or discuss payment arrangements, please reach out to the Band Booster Treasurer at: email@example.com
Sign up for Remind by adding fcbands-ip in the Remind app or by sending @fcbands-ip
via text message to 81010. Remind will be used to send out important updates throughout the season.
Upcoming Practices - Varsity
Enjoy your week off! Be ready for rehearsal next week!
April 1st - 5:00pm - 9:00pm High School
April 2nd - 5:00pm - 9:00pm High School
April 3rd - 9:00am - 1:00pm Annex
Upcoming Practices - JV
March 25th - 5:00pm - 9pm High School
March 26th - 5:00pm - 9pm High School
March 27th - Franklin Central High School, Show Day!
JV performs at 8:25pm. Tickets are limited to 2 per performer and credit card only. Need “extra” tickets? Sign up to volunteer at the event. Register HERE.
IHSCGA Clean Up
Both Guards: See you Saturday after the IHSCGA event to help with tear down. You will need to be at the school at 8:15pm to help. This is not optional (per Mr. Ellinger).
Greenwood Contest Results
JV and Varsity both move forward to state finals.
FCCG Wear Store Now OPEN!
Click HERE to order.
Spring Flower Fundraiser - March 15th
Now is the time to start earning money toward your band fees! We are selling 9 varieties of 10" hanging baskets. The sale will end on April 9th to accommodate for Spring Break. Flowers will be ready for pick up at the high school on Tuesday, April 27th, well before Mother's Day (May 9th). The flowers will cost $22 each with $6 going to student band accounts. This is your opportunity to make Marching Band affordable! Click Here for the webstore or to download and print the order form.
If you have any questions, contact Travis Sears, firstname.lastname@example.org.