News from Room 4
September 7, 2018
What will be learning next week:
* Language Arts Unit 1 Week 2- The things we like to do help to make us who we are.
- Vocabulary: movement, energy, express, stretch, exhausted
- Spelling: (Short a) dad, sad, nap, tap, sack, back, track, snack, man, cat, it, too
- Comprehension Skill: Sequence of Events (While you are reading books at home, ask your child questions about what happens when).
-Please send in a BIG snack for your child. I'm getting a lot of students asking for more snacks or saying they don't have a snack. It is very important since we don't eat until 10:30 and they are hungry!!!
-Fall 2018 After-School Enrichment Classes - There are some great classes (legos, watercolors, hoops, Spanish, public speaking, tennis, chess, yoga, and flag football) If you're interested the registration from is in the office.
-$4,000.00 was donated to SSF last year just from signing up with Ralphs, Office Depot, and using AmazonSmile! You need to sign up every year with Ralphs. This is a great way to earn money for our school.
-Friday Folders went home today. If there is any unfinished work, your child did not complete it in the time given, please have your child complete at home and return when they are done. Look for the language arts practice book pages. We will NOT complete each page each week. You may finish it with your child or simply recycle them.
-Library Books will go home each Tuesday starting next week. Please send them back by the following MONDAY. If your child does not bring the book back to Media Center they may not check out a book. They can always turn them into our library bin before then.
-Next week I'll send a list and dates to all the important events throughout the year.
-Next week we will be focusing on Habit 2 - Begin with the End in Mind - Have a Plan. Here are some Baby Steps you can encourage your child to do at home. They are also great discussion topics as well.
Baby Steps from The 7 Habits of Happy Kids by Sean Covey
1. Lay out your clothes for tomorrow before you go to bed tonight.
2. Get out a pencil and piece of paper and write down three goals you want to do.
3. Tell your mom or dad what you want to be when you grow up.
4. We all have something we need to get better at, like doing our homework, brushing our teeth, or obeying our parents. Pick one thing you need to do better. Start doing it.
Happy Birthday Mia!
Reading to Self
Back to School BBQ
Picture day TUESDAY!