The Cotton Gin
How the Cotton Gin impacted society?
- The Northern part of the United States bought more cotton and built more textile mills.
- Cotton was much more easy to clean.
- Farmers were able to plant more cotton.
- The dependency on slaves had increased. Capital had been invested in slaves, not in transportation or factories.
The machine that helped make clean
Slaves Using The Cotton Gin
Slaves using the cotton gin to make there job much more easier.
Parts Of The Cotton Gin
Explaining the parts of a Cotton Gin what is what and what each part is.
About The Cotton Gin
- Cotton gin is able to successfully pull out the seeds from the cotton bolls.
- It makes the slaves not have to do as much work.
- Could produce up to fifty pounds of cleaned cotton in a day.
- Was invented in the United States in 1793.
- Transformed cotton as a crop and the American South into the globe's first agricultural powerhouse.
How the Cotton Gin Changed America