Surviving the Wilderness
- Always carry a survival kit with you
How: Put all your bandages and/or medicine in your survival kit.
- NEVER carry to much gear
How: Put only important thing in the survival kit. You will ONLY take the survival kit.
- If someone kidnaps you, or something is attacking you never panic.
How: Breathe at a regular pace and don’t cry.
- Look for shelter from wind, rain, snow, or sun depending on weather.
How: Build a shelter out of the things around you.
- Carry a compass with you at all times.
How:Just carry it and put an extra one in your survival kit.
- Never leave someone behind
How: If they are struggling help them.
- If you are hungry or cold make a fire
How :To build a fire you must insure that the three elements of the fire triangle, oxygen, fuel and a source of heat are combined in appropriate amounts.
- Never underestimate yourself
- Always keep a weapon with you.
How: Carry it with you.
- If you see someone who has come to rescue you show signs so they can see you.
How: You can flicker a flashlight on and off, or you can scream.
Those are my 10 tips that will help you survive in the wilderness.