FAC Weekly Update
August 20, 2021
Good afternoon, Fine Arts Center Family
We are so thrilled to have our students back in the building, starting off what we aim to be the best year yet at the FAC! We have taken the time to begin the relationship-building process, using "ice breaker" activities in our studios to start building bonds that will last a lifetime. Instructors have gone through syllabi, studio procedures, and school rules, and FAC Administration has met with students to set the course and mentality for a successful school year. The best is yet to come!
Here is the latest from the halls of the Fine Arts Center...
This Week's Student Leadership Lesson
"Weaknesses in our muscles of integrity, honesty, trustworthiness, and so on can be hidden from view for years until one day the deficiency is finally exposed. Why does it surface when it does? Usually, it is brought on by a highly stressful event. As it is with physical strength, the strength of our character muscles is most accurately revealed when they are put under pressure. In such high-stress moments, you can't pretend or lie that you are stronger than you are; in those moments, you are who you are."
- Dr. Jim Loehr, with Caren Kenney -- Leading with Character: 10 Minutes a Day to a Brilliant Legacy (p.16)
The FAC Parent Guild Wants YOU
The FAC Parent Guild is looking for volunteers who want to support the FAC in a variety of ways. Please click on the following link to view our informational handout.
If you have any questions, please email our Parent Engagement Committee Co-Chairs:
Bus RidersThe timing of bus routes will continue to settle in over the next week of school. We are confident that the arrival and departure times will improve. Thank you for your patience!
Reminders for Student Drivers
- Make sure you have your 2021-2022 Parking Pass displayed in your vehicle.
- If you are riding with a student driver, you need to complete the following form - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y986zqwCVXnQ-rcFUJrS5HuGnh8j_Rn3/view. Please return the completed form to the FAC Main Office.
- FAC afternoon students may not leave campus for lunch and then return to the FAC. We do not have an open campus.
Reminder - Please Enable Text Messaging via Backpack
Important Dates/Upcoming Events
- August 30 - First Day of the ARMES Program
- September 6 - No School; Labor Day
- September 10 - Big Body Play Closing Reception and Artist Talk; 6-8 p.m.
- October 1 - Music Faculty Recital; during class, for FAC Music Students
Fine Arts Center - Greenville County Schools
Preparing dedicated students for 21st-century careers through rigorous, pre-professional arts training in a dynamic, inclusive, collaborative learning community.