So much to see and do at the Fowler School! #OneMaynard
We are #OneMaynard #UmaMaynard #UnoMaynard
Week of Sept. 26-30, 2022
We are Ready for Parent-Teacher Conferences! Sign up Here!
We are offering two opportunities to conference with your child's teachers. Conferences will be held virtually to make it most convenient for everyone!
- Thursday, October 6 at 6-8 PM
- Friday, October 7 at 12:15-2:25 PM
The links to schedule a conference with your child's teachers are below. If you are unable to find a time, please feel free to email the teacher directly to setup a meeting for another date.
Grade 4 (times may vary):
- Ms. Hobbs: calendly.com/dhobbs-2/
- Ms. Peralta: https://calendly.com/tperalta-2/2022-2023-peralta-conferences
- Ms. Baylis: https://calendly.com/mbaylis/ms-baylis-2021-fall-conferences
- Sra. Martinez: https://calendly.com/smartinez73/parent-teacher-conferences?month=2022-10
- Ms. Bratica: Individually sent in email
Grade 5 (times may vary): Each teacher is sending links to their parents
- Sra. Padalino (Spanish): https://calendly.com/lpadalino/parent-teacher-conferences?month=2022-10
- Sr. de Dios (French): https://calendly.com/rdediosluna/parent-teacher-conferences-clone
- Mr. Pfeffer (Math): https://calendly.com/gpfeffer
- Mr. Cotter (History): https://calendly.com/mcotter-history
- Ms. Brunelle (ELA): https://calendly.com/obrunelle
- Ms. Travers (Science): https://calendly.com/mtravers-4/10-6-parent-conference
- Ms. Milne (Special Education): https://calendly.com/amilne-3
- Ms. Rockel (Science): https://calendly.com/crockel/science-7th-grade-parent-conferences-clone
- Ms. Bailey (Math): https://calendly.com/abailey20/parent-teacher-conferences-clone
- Mr. Hales (History): https://calendly.com/history-7/parent-teacher-conferences-clone
- Ms. Leigh-Manuell (ELA): https://calendly.com/kleighmanuell/parent-conferences-2022
- Ms. Tishler (Special Education): Sending invitations directly to parents/guardians
- FOR SPANISH, BE SURE TO SELECT YOUR CHILD'S TEACHER! BOTH SR. DE DIOS AND SRA. PADALINO TEACH 7TH GRADE SPANISH:
- Sr. de Dios (Spanish): https://calendly.com/rdediosluna/parent-teacher-conferences-clone
- Sra. Padalino (Spanish): https://calendly.com/lpadalino/parent-teacher-conferences?month=2022-10
- Mr. Conway (ELA): https://calendly.com/conwayfowler/parent-conferences-october-2022
- Ms. Rush (Science): https://calendly.com/crush_maynard/science_conference_2022
- Ms. Graham (Math): https://calendly.com/mgraham-12/math-parent-teacher-conferences-2022
- Ms. Robichaud (Civics): Parent Conferences will be available after Ms. Robichaud's Long-Term Substitute is hired after Indigenous People's Day. Parents will be notified of the new teacher and his/her email contact to be able to setup a meeting.
- Ms. Coleman (Special Education): https://calendly.com/mcoleman-08/parent-conferences-october-2022
- Sra. Beitia (Spanish): https://calendly.com/mcarrandi/parent-teacher-conferences
- Susan Arcelay (Art) https://calendly.com/sarcelay/parent-conferences
- Ned Banta (Latin) https://calendly.com/n-banta-latin-be-internet-awsome/parent-teachers-conference
- Kevin Kozik (Band) https://calendly.com/kdakozik/parent-teacher-conferences
- Mike Morello (PE/Health) https://calendly.com/mmorello-1/parent-teacher-conferences
- Natalie Pinta (Computer Science) https://calendly.com/npinta/parent-conferences
- Laura Potito (MakerSpace) https://calendly.com/lpotito/makerspace-conferences
- Melissa Sommer (Music) https://calendly.com/msommer-5/parent-conferences
- Kiley Swenson: (Library) https://calendly.com/kswenson-fl/parent-conferences
- Brenda Sullivan: (PE/Health) https://calendly.com/bsullivan-10/parent-teacher-conferences
- Lauren Giunta and Meg Sullivan (Topics 6,7,8) https://calendly.com/lgiunta-1/parent-teacher-conferences-2022
- Ms. Tiru: https://calendly.com/stiru
- Ms. Lackard: calendly.com/alackard-1
Multi-Lingual Teacher (EL Teacher):
Of course you know about Maynard Fest, happening on Saturday, in beautiful, downtown Maynard! But did you know that Maynard Public Schools will have a table with some raffles and giveaways? Well we will! Stop by, say hi, have a laugh and meet some of our amazing team members. See you there!!
Chorus has arrived! Grade 4 Chorus began today, and Grade 5 Chorus will begin Monday! #MaynardMusic
Maynard SEPAC’s Mission is to work for the understanding of, respect for, and support of all children with special needs within our community!
· SEPAC is seeking your family's input! Please take this brief SEPAC survey so we know what topics you are interested in learning more about and other ways we can support you this school year. It'll only take a few minutes!
· SEPAC Board meetings are held remotely via Google Meets on the first Wednesday of every month at 7:00 pm. Meetings are open to parents, guardians, or any Maynard community members interested in special education.
· Our next meeting is Oct 5th at 7 pm. Please check out these additional resources:
o SEPAC’s webpage- https://www.maynard.k12.ma.us/page/special-education-parent-advisory-council, which also includes SEPAC contact information.
Check out SEPAC’s Facebook page - Maynard SEPAC - to receive the most up-to-date SEPAC meeting and event happenings.
The Winter Athletics Season is quickly approaching! If your child plans on participating in a Winter Athletics Program, please fill out the registration form linked here!
Also, if your child plans on participating in our High School Boys Ice Hockey Co-Op hosted by Assabet, please register them through this link.
If you have any questions regarding the Assabet Ice Hockey program, or the MPS Winter Athletics Programs please reach out to the contacts below:
Boys Ice Hockey Head Coach: David Quinn (firstname.lastname@example.org, (978) 944-0764)
Assabet Athletic Director: Spencer Burton (email@example.com, (508) 485-9430)
MPS Athletic Director: Michael Arria (firstname.lastname@example.org, (978) 897-8891 ext. 3112)
For more information on all Athletics programs, visit MPS Athletics Website here.
Maynard Music Association Update
MMA meeting, Oct. 5, 7:30 p.m. (note the new time): The Maynard Music Association's monthly meetings are open to everyone and include information about how you can help MMA support the Fowler and MHS music programs and updates from the Chorus & Band directors. Find the Zoom link and details on the MMA website.
MHS Jazz Band @ Maynard Fest, Oct. 1, 10:30 a.m.: Led by new MHS Jazz Band & Fowler Jazz Band Director Clayton DeWalt, the group will perform for the first time this year at the Sanctuary this Saturday. Grab some food and enjoy the sounds of the MHS Jazz Band!
Casino Night, Nov. 12: The Maynard Music Association’s 12th Annual Casino Game Night returns to the Elks this year! Parents/guardians: Please save the date for this fun event and go to MMA’s website for more information (vouchers go on sale in October).
SpeedBall is always a hit!
Bike Club rode to Fenway Park - or maybe the Crow Island Airfield this week! #CIA #FowlerFamily
Who else in a public school gets to eat a deep dish Chicago-style breakfast pizza? Our kids are so lucky!
Peer Tutoring is Available, and Free! Did I say it is free? Yes, it is free, and ready for your child to get help with homework or other academic issues.
Porchfest is Sunday! #MaynardMusic #OneMaynard
Finley S. will be playing with "The Hoopers” at 50 Brooks St, at roughly 3:45pm on Oct 2. They will be doing a Tom Petty tribute for the festival with Finley on drums.
The link the website is below. It would be great to see the community there :)
Was Her Majesty visiting us "in spirit" this week? We thought so, until we saw a Fowler student climb inside with her "mum" and dad in this 1961 beauty.
What about Picture Day Makeups?
Did you know that middle schoolers take a 10 minute walk around the building at the end of lunch every day? #SortOfRecess-ish
A Note From the Maynard Sustainability Committee
We are seeking the school community’s input for the town’s climate action planning (CAP) initiative. This CAP work will include data from the attached survey, future public workshops and ongoing public engagement, culminating in a plan of action to prepare Maynard for the climate heating ahead. The input of young people, educators, parents, and all members of the school community living and/or working in town is crucial. We are eager to hear from you.
Maynard Sustainability Committee
A Funky Recommendation by Mike Barth
This year it was great to run into Jasper Weeks and his family from Maynard, who have been coming for a few years. It's always in September, and always cold camping in a soccer field with gorgeous fall Berkshire weather, great craft beverages, and some of the Fall colors starting to show. FreshGrass always makes me think of Maynard - how funky, gritty, progressive, and cool the townspeople are. Many of you taking the time to read this review would really love attending this festival with your spouse/partner, or even bringing the kids! As for me and Kelly, this is our special and sacred weekend, so we leave them with grandma to have their own special time. Tickets are already on sale for 2023, and yes we have already purchased them! Maybe I'll see you there!
Fowler's New PTO Website is Launched!
We are excited to launch the new Fowler PTO website. On this website you can “meet” your PTO, learn about upcoming events, check the status of our fundraising efforts, donate, sign up as volunteers and much, much more! There are new features we will be rolling out in the coming weeks and will announce them in future newsletters. For now if you have a student at the Fowler School please register to stay up date on events and programs going on. To register simply click this link and create your account:
Once you create/register your family account, you should receive an email instantly from the website. This email is very important in order to complete step one of the registration process as you need to verify your account. Click “verify account” in that email and that will bring
you directly back to the Fowler PTO website where it asks for your password again. Once you enter it in you now move onto the last and final step of the registration process. You will be given access to “Your Family’s Account Page” where you need to fill in both forms in “Parent and Student Information” section. Once that is complete your account will be fully registered.
Let us know if you have any questions at FowlerPTOGeneral@gmail.com.We hope everyone has a great final weekend of summer! 🐾
Fowler Bike Club started this week! Free bike helmets, courtesy of the Maynard Police Dept, are available in the main office. Mr. Snyder is working hard to get other clubs and activities up and running this year.
Latin Club, Bike Club, Student Council and NJHS have begun. VERY SOON we will have D&D Club, and many more!
Print this permission slip or get one from the main office. Turn in to Ms. Lochiatto in the office.
Note from Maynard Booster Club
We are a group of volunteers who raise funds to provide annual scholarships, trophies, letterman jackets for student athletes and support to individual teams as needed with special requests.
Fowler School athletes are also recognized with middle school sports awards at the end of each season at our awards night. We would love for some more Fowler Families to join us!
We have a great Booster store where we offer Custom Maynard Tiger Team apparel. We also have Fowler School apparel on the site. Show your Tiger Pride. The store link is https://maynardbooster.itemorder.com/shop/sale/
We primarily raise money through concessions and trophy sponsorships. We are looking for Fall Shack volunteers to help out at soccer games, Friday night football games and field hockey senior night all of which will be held up at Alumni Field. Be ready for our sign-up genius emails that go out to the athlete families. We have many jobs that don’t involve volunteering in concessions as well.
We are looking for fall trophy sponsors right now, the cost is $35 per trophy. If you own a business or are a family that would like to give back, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Please follow us on Facebook (Maynard Booster Club) for important Booster updates. We meet the second Wednesday of each month unless otherwise noted in the MHS Library at 7pm…our first official meeting is on September 14th kindly join us!
Fowler kids are drooling over the rendition of the proposed Green Meadow Elementary School! #OneMaynard. #GreenMeadowFamily
BASEC @ MAYNARD (After School Program)
Looking for before or after-school care for your Fowler or Green Meadow student next year? Register for BASEC @ Maynard!
BASEC provides high-quality out-of-school time programming for students in kindergarten through eighth grade. Our mission is to cultivate a community in which young people engage in enriching opportunities to nurture their physical, cognitive, social, and emotional development. We are guided by the vision of creative, resilient, resourceful, and responsible young citizens.
As a BASEC student, your child will explore their interests through daily Art, STEM, and Gym activities. They will be supported by a team of thoughtful and compassionate staff that work to build a community where children come to learn, play and grow.
We also offer workshops, vacation camps, and provide resources to parents and educators about out-of-school time learning. Please also inquire about our expanded tuition assistance!
For more information reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com or register for the 2022-2023 school year online at https://belmontbasec.org/register/.
Parent-Teacher Conferences (evening)
Thursday, Oct. 6th, 6-8pm
3 Tiger Drive
Parent-teacher Conferences (afternoon)
Friday, Oct. 7th, 12:15-2:30pm
3 Tiger Drive
GREEN MEADOW ELEMENTARY SCHOOL BUILDING PROJECT
The Green Meadow Elementary School project team has submitted its second MSBA submission! This submission is called the Preferred Schematic Report (PSR) and it advances the initial existing conditions verification, educational visioning & programming and Owner / Community coordination into multiple design alternatives, shows MSBA the design alternative evaluation process taken by the project team, and highlights which design alternative was ultimately selected at the end of the process.
Below is a link to a Google Drive folder that contains the previous Preliminary Design Program (PDP) submission as well as the recent PSR submission. As always, we thank you very much for your attention to the project, and we’ll continue to keep you informed as the project moves along the MSBA process!