District-wide ENews Notes
November 18, 2021
- Fri., Nov. 19 - Sat., Nov. 20 - Sr. High Area All-State, East Irondequoit
- Fri., Nov. 19 - Middle School Drama Production, Happily Ever Before, District Aud., 7 p.m.
- Sat., Nov. 20 - Middle School Drama Production, Happily Ever Before, District Aud., 1 p.m. & 7 p.m.
- Tues., Nov. 23 - Board of Education Meeting, 7 p.m.
- Wed., Nov. 24 - Fri., Nov. 26 - Thanksgiving Recess - No School
- Thurs., Dec. 2 - HF-L PTA Meeting, High School, 8 p.m.
**NOTE: As the school year begins, please recognize that the District's online calendar will house the most accurate District and building events.
Honeoye Falls-Lima to Conduct School Census
The Honeoye Falls-Lima Central School District will once again conduct its resident census to update its information on pre-school and school-aged children in order to plan for changes in student enrollment. Families with children enrolled in grades K-12 at HF-L, families with children enrolled in private and parochial schools, and residents with no children in the District will all receive the census form through the mail and are asked to respond. All information gathered will be used solely by the Honeoye Falls-Lima Central School District.
It is important to note that this is a local census and is unrelated to the U.S. Census.
Residents will receive the District census form (which will be printed on pink paper) by mail the week of November 17, 2021, and are asked to reply verifying their information as soon as possible in one of three ways by December 7, 2021:
District website - visit https://www.hflcsd.org/page/census-2021 to fill out the online census verification form and click submit.
Telephone - Call the District Census/Central Registrar's Office to verify your information at (585) 624-7123.
Mail - Indicate and print any corrections and/or updates on the printed form. Sign, affix a stamp, and return the form via postal mail.
For more information, please visit: https://www.hflcsd.org/article/589364
Middle School Drama Club Presents: Happily Ever Before
Toys for Tots
As the Holiday Season approaches, please consider helping the STEM Club support The Kade Project in collecting donations of new, unwrapped toys for kids in the area. We all know of families in need, families with illness, job loss, or other issues. Some of these families go without gifts for their children during the holidays. A small toy, doll, LEGO set, or stuffed animal can go a long way to ease the burden on parents who are struggling. Let's support our students as they work to impact their community during a special time of year.
The High School donation box is located in the main entrance vestibule by the Main Office. Donations will be accepted until December 10th. The STEM Club will help transport the boxes from all the HF-L schools to the Community Center after school on December 10th.
A special shout out to Melissa Boldt's classes for always stepping up with donations. Thank you to everyone for your consideration and tremendous, annual support.
HF-L MUSIC BOOSTERS HOLIDAY PLANT SALE
New York State requires all school districts to annually notify parents/guardians of specific laws and/or regulations. In an effort to reduce costs, the Honeoye Falls-Lima School District will be providing these notifications to families electronically this year, unless otherwise requested by returning the hard-copy request form attached below. The following chart lists those statutes and/or regulations required annually. The district will continue to incorporate the NYSED application and guidelines for free and reduced meals as an insert in the HF-L Community Calendar.
If you would like to receive any/all of these notices in hard copy, please complete the Annual Notices Notification form prior to November 12, 2021.
Introducing Club Paper
HF-L Partners with Paper Tutoring Service
The Honeoye Falls-Lima Central School District is happy to announce its partnership with Paper, a digital tutoring service. This service is available to all HF-L students in grades 4-12 and will provide free, unlimited access to virtual tutoring sessions. These sessions are 1:1 and are available 24 hours a day. Students can access this using their ClassLink portal.
Using Paper, students get homework help, writing feedback, and study support on demand. Teachers gain insights into learning gaps. Administrators have visibility into where support is needed.
UPDATE: Paper is now offering live parent webinars. They are every 2 weeks in English and Spanish. 45 mins, parents sign up through that page and they will receive a Zoom link by email. https://pages.paper.co/webinars-for-parents-and-guardians
Mendon Public Library
Mendon Public Library is open M-Th, 9 am - 8 pm. Friday and Saturday, 9 am - 3 pm.
Upcoming Weekly Events:
- For Kids: Tuesday Story Time at the Gazebo, 10 am, Rain or shine, bring your toddler for stories, songs, and simple crafts.
- For Adults: Alternating Wednesday Night Sit N Stich, Alternating Thursday Morning Knit Nook.
- Board Game and Puzzle Swap Drop Off Mon 11/15/2021, 9:00 AM to Fri 11/19/2021, 3:00 PM
- Board Game and Puzzle Swap Pick Up Sat 11/20/2021, 9:00 AM to Wed 11/24/2021, 1:00 PM
- Learn Libby from the Experts, Monday, 11/22/2021, 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM (Virtual)
- Amerks Zoom Event "Hosted" by Mendon Public Library, Mon 11/22/2021 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM, Join us to meet Amerks and win prizes!
- Haudenosaunee Story Telling Circle for Children and Families, Sat 11/27/2021 10:30 AM - 11:15 AM
- Gift of Books: Top Books for Giving as Recommended by MPL Staff,
- Tue 11/30/2021 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM Bone Health (Virtual Zoom Program),
- Thu 12/2/2021 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM Christmas Magic: Family Magic Show with Cris Johnson, Sat 12/11/2021 1:00 PM - 1:45 PM