An Update from Barrington High School - November 22, 2019
SEMESTER 1 - SAVE THE DATE
11/27 - 29 - THANKSGIVING BREAK - NO SCHOOL
12/05 - "Putting the Pieces Together" Program for Freshmen Parents
12/09 - BHS PTO Meeting
12/18 - 20 - Semester One Final Exams (tentative)
12/23 - WINTER BREAK BEGINS
SEMESTER 2 - SAVE THE DATE
01/08 - College Panel Night
01/20 - Martin Luther King Day - NO SCHOOL
01/23 - 2nd Annual BHS Engineering Night
01/30 - 8th Grade Transition Night
02/14 - In-service Day - NO SCHOOL
02/17 - President's Day - NO SCHOOL
02/20 - 02/23 - BHS Presents "Footloose"
03/20 - In-service Day - NO SCHOOL
03/23 - 03/27 - SPRING BREAK NO SCHOOL
03/30 - College Night 2020
04/10 - NO SCHOOL
04/14 - PSAT/SAT State Testing
05/04 - 05/15 - AP Exams
05/16 - PROM
05/25 - Memorial Day - NO SCHOOL
05/26 - 05/28 - 2nd Semester Final Exams (tentative)
05/29 - Class of 2020 Graduation
BHS S1 FINAL EXAM INFORMATION
PLEASE NOTE: Some classes will have a project, paper, portfolio, or presentation as their final assessment or the final exam will be administered during regularly scheduled class time so those course will not be listed on the chart.
Below is the schedule for the three days designated as final exams days.
More information regarding finals....
- Cafeteria will be open during finals from 7:30am to 2:30pm for grab and go food only.
- Testing center is open during each final exam period for students who miss an exam due to an excused absence (illness).
- If a student has 2 exams scheduled at the same time or 3 exams in one day, please notify the teacher to make arrangements for taking the final in the testing center.
- Final exam locations (and times) will be found in Infinite Campus under assignments once locations are finalized.
- Students with extended time should communicate with their case manager about their schedules.
- Busses will run at their regular scheduled time in the morning and depart from school at 3:00pm .
MP2 (Marking Period) Grades are Now Posted!
You can see the MP2 grades in a report card format by clicking on the Reports tab on the left navigation and selecting "Progress Report MP2".
SIGN UP FOR AMAZON SMILE AND HEINEN'S
Remember to sign up with Amazon Smile for holiday shopping this year and .5% of your purchase will go back to our school! Ask family members to sign up too. To shop at AmazonSmile, simply go to smile.amazon.com from the web browser on your computer or mobile device. You may also want to add a bookmark to smile.amazon.com to make it even easier. Be sure to select “Parent Teacher Organization of Barrington High School” in Barrington IL (NOT Barrington, Rhode Island) If you’d like to change your charity, go to Accounts and Lists, My Smile Account and click on Change Charity.
HEINEN’S: Either go online or to the Customer Service Desk at Heinen’s and select Barrington High School, 1% to goes back to the school!