NHS Application Information
Tips for applying!
NHS is a very selective organization, therefore the application that is submitted should reflect the absolute best you have to offer. Some suggestions to help make your application the best it can be:
- For School Activities include all the activities you have participated in while in high school - club sports, scouting, 4-H, any clubs in school, tutoring . . . .
- For Leadership include leadership you have shown both in school and in the community - VBS crew leader, Boy/Girl Scout positions within a troop or pack, captains of sports teams (school &/or club) . . . Under description, make sure to describe how you were a leader in that position, please don’t leave it blank.
- For Community Service include service activities only. If it is a club or organization you worked with, include that in the School Activity section and any service for that club in the service section. Don’t include paid positions as community service. Describe the service project in the section provided.
- For Work Experience include any types of work you’ve been paid for babysitting, dog walking, painting a fence, helping someone move, . . .
- Answer all three parts of the prompt:
b. How did the service benefit the community? and
c. What impact did the service experience have on you?
2. Proofread and have someone else proofread your essay
- Faculty Recommendations - make sure you have asked four (4) faculty members to fill out the recommendation form and turn it in to Mrs. Gehrke or Mrs. Hallemeier.
All applications are due by 2:30 p.m. on February 15th on Google Classroom!
If you participate in a club/sport/leadership/service/work position, you must provide contact info to verify participation.
Let us know!
Let us know about all the great things you've done! This isn't the time to be humble - this is the time to advocate for yourself and the difference you've already made.