September 1, 2018
What is PBiS?
PBiS stands for Positive Behavior Intervention & Supports. PBiS is a research-based continuum using an evidence-based teaching model to achieve academically and behaviorally important outcomes for all students. At Maplewood Elementary, we are a proudly state recognized Tier I PBiS school. Out of 2,734 individual school buildings in Pennsylvania, only 280 are officially PBiS recognized which puts us in the top 10%!
PBiS Kick Off Assembly
Class Dojo Communication
- Your child's teacher will be accessible on Class Dojo from 8:00am-6:00pm Monday-Friday.
- You should expect a response back from your child's teacher within 24 hours.
- If there is a time sensitive message that must be read by the end of the school day, please call the front office at 337-1659 rather than Dojo to ensure it gets taken care of. Our teachers are busy teaching and learning with your children during the school day and may miss a time sensitive message.
- If you need to make a transportation change (pick-up, bus drop off change) please call the front office at 337-1659 to notify us. For the safety and security of everyone, classroom teachers are not able to make student transportation changes.
- If you need to speak to a Maplewood staff member that works with every student in the building (Mrs. Fonzo, Ms. Johnson, Mrs. Higgins, Mr. Baldwin, Mrs. Bancroft, Ms. Eckstein, Mrs. Shaffer, Mrs. Rose), please email us or call the school at 337-1659 rather than Dojo us. It is not as easy for those of us with school-wide Dojo access to check parent messages. An email or phone call will get our attention much quicker.