Hillcrest Staff ARTery
We are the heART of Hillcrest!
The week of May 2nd - 6th
AM - Jody, Anna & Amy W.
PM - Cici, Cory & Lee
Treats: Beth & Tracy
Word of the Week: Cleanliness
Monday, May 2nd (Day 3)
- MAP test make - up
- 8:30 - 9:15 - VISION K-2 Team Meeting
- Grade 4 - 3 week residency with Soli Hughes begins
- Grade 5 - 1 week residency with Mica Lee Anders begins
Tuesday, May 3rd (Day 1)
- 8:20 - 9:00 - Staff Meeting
Wednesday, May 4th (Day 2)
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICK BALLEW!!!
- 8:20 - 9:00 - SWIM team meeting/Caroline's room
- 12:45 - 3:45 - Variety Show Tryouts/Stage/Caf/MC room/band room
Thursday, May 5th (Day 3)
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDA & JULIE GERHARD!!!
- 8:30 - 12:00 - Principal's Meeting
- 2:30 - 3:00 - ELA Cinco de Mayo/Lunchroom
- 2:30 & 6:30 - Grades K -2 Play
Friday, May 6th (Day 1)
- 8:20 - 9:00 - ISST Meeting/Caroline's Room
- 8:15 - Volunteer Breakfast! - Lunchroom
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ON SUNDAY JODY & MARK!!!
MAY 12TH - KINDERGARTEN GRAND FRIEND'S DAY
MAY 24TH - GRADE 5 FESTIVAL/INSTRUMENTAL PROGRAM
MAY 25TH - PATROLS TO VALLEY FAIRS/HAWKS ROLLERSKATING
MAY 26TH - ELA END OF THE YEAR PROGRAM/STAGE/LUNCHROOM
MAY 27TH - OLYMPIC DAY
MAY 30TH - MEMORIAL DAY
SPECIAL THIS MONTH
High Blood Pressure Education Month
National High Blood Pressure Education Month marks the “kickoff” of high blood pressure prevention and control activities for the year. The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) launched the first “Month” campaign in May 1974. About 100 national organizations cooperated in the campaign and over 200 organizations coordinated activities in their communities during the month.
NHLBI invites community groups, civic and faith-based organizations, hospital outreach programs, public health departments, and workplaces to renew activities to prevent and control high blood pressure. Below is a list of NHLBI resources that program planners may use in their activities for National High Blood Pressure Education Month:
Information for Patients and the Public
- What is High Blood Pressure?
- What Is the DASH Eating Plan?
- Heart Healthy Recipes
- Publications on High Blood Pressure
- Publications for Special Populations
Information for Health Professionals
- Management of Blood Pressure in Adults: Systematic Evidence Review from the Blood Pressure Expert Panel
- Integrated Guidelines for Cardiovascular Health and Risk Reduction in Children and Adolescents
- Resources for Community Health Workers
- Publications for Community Outreach
COMPAS Artists Coming to HC
February 1 - 5: Gita Ghei w/ 2nd Grade
February 2 - 24: Joko Sutrisomo w/ Music
February 16 - 24: Tri Sutrismo w/ PE
February 22 - 26: Anne McFaul Reid w/ 5th Grade
March 14 - 18: Marie Olofsdotter w/ 3rd Grade
March 28 - April 1: Christopher Lutter-Gardella w/ 1st Grade
April 4 - 8: Mick la Briola w/ ELA and TBD
May 2 -6: Mica lee Anders w/ 5th Grade
May 2 - 20: Soli Hughes w/ 4th Grade
HR Staffing Timeline
April 4th - 11th - Elementary Postings on Web
April 15th - Top candidates picked and shared with HR
April 26th - 28th - Interviews
May 2nd - Elementary Hiring
Note: If you have questions about any of this information, please contact Calvin.
To become engaged readers, kids need to see themselves in books. Therefore, this week's engagement strategy highlights the "How Do I Feel?" question by providing a resource shared by Marshall Memo for educators to find books that feature diverse topics, content, and characters that reflect the diversity of the students and the schools we work in. Check out the website:
www.weneeddiversebooks.org/where-to-find-diverse-books to learn more!
“Where to Find Diverse Books” in Educational Leadership, February 2016 (Vol. 73, #5, p. 8)